turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Vlcina + Possible trace/edit/flip  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Ook

Vlcina + Possible trace/edit/flip
«: June 11, 2009, 05:38:41 PM»
well, here we have the picture:

and here is where i think she may have gotten it from:

by akarui-kurai (i think vlcina may have gotten it from a combination of the back end of the smiling white wolf and the first grey canine)

well, she didn't grant me permission to post logs, so here I am summarizing them:
i asked her if she drew the avatar herself
she replied sure!
then i linked her to aka's art
she seemed confused, made a o____o hmmm?
i told her it looks referenced/flipped/edited from aka's
she replied by saying it was her avatar, and it depicted vlcina
i told her again, it looks copied/traced
she restated that she doesn't copy and it was her artwork, and she had no idea that aka's even existed
i pointed out similarities
at this point i asked for posting logs permission, it was not granted.
she then told me that the other character was 'backasin' and went off on a MY ARTS AND MY CHARACTERS rant.
she sent me a link to backasin's ref: here
i calmed her down, and then the conversation tailed off.

so, what do we think?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:40:13 PM by Ook »

Offline Ean

Re: Vlcina + Possible trace/edit/flip
«Reply #1: June 11, 2009, 05:48:59 PM»
If it wasn't traced, then it was highly reffed. But she is still running around with a couple characters that have really high similarities as Beaten, Temper and Smile (In the icon at least). From what I've noticed, though, is that she doesn't have it as a portrait loaded onto her character yet, but she may have taken it off or just doesn't have it loaded. I am hoping that she doesn't have it loaded...

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: June 11, 2009, 06:04:21 PM»
Am I missing something.. I really don't see the similarities.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Cowboy

«Reply #3: June 11, 2009, 06:06:28 PM»
To me it doesn't even really look suspiciously reffed. Inspired maybe, but not traced.
"You can't be gay and in a western, especially in Wyoming." she said, "Plus there weren't any gay people back in 1963."

Offline Sync

«Reply #4: June 11, 2009, 06:07:42 PM»
i kind of see how the characters resemble the ones in the AK ports, but i guess we'd need to see a bigger picture to determine.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #5: June 11, 2009, 06:17:32 PM»
I cut it up a few times in paint. The eye matches the wolf on the far right and the hindfoot of the white wolf matches the style of the white wolf by AK (BUT THE ONE IN QUESTION HAS ONLY 3 TOES)

EDIT: The grass also appears similar if not the same.

My opinion is a reference, possibly a trace of small details like the eye and leg shape. I'd love to see the other half of this port.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #6: June 11, 2009, 06:38:09 PM»
Doesn't seem to be a fraud to me, just maybe referenced.

Offline Sabaton

«Reply #7: June 11, 2009, 06:45:37 PM»
It's kinda weird because I saw this person today, and in their desc they had the hair/eye change with mood just like Holly's char...

._.;;;

My opinion? Not stolen, but character copied and reff'd in the very least. ftw
Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Offline Tish

«Reply #8: June 11, 2009, 11:14:35 PM»
I think they may just kinda be a quiet fan.
And, btw, I don't see how having a character who's hair/eyes change with mood does much to add to the case. That's NOT a new thing, nor is it original anymore. It's been done over and over.
This doesn't make up for the fact of the similarity oddities in the grass, paw, eye, but. I don't see anything all that traced here, either. Inspired, ref'd, whatever. Not close enough for me to be like OMFG STEAL STEAL STEAL. Maybe more like taking a lesson from someone they admire. :P

Edited for typos-- freakin tired. x.x
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:16:28 PM by Girly »

Offline Ook

«Reply #9: June 12, 2009, 03:55:55 AM»
Hmm, Still kinda weird seeing as their character is supposedly all blue xD

Oh well, majority is speaking, shush Ook.

Sookan

«Reply #10: June 12, 2009, 07:30:38 AM»
where did they say their character was all blue...? the other wolf in that ref they gave you(the cyan one) clearly isn't the wolf depicted in the port on top of the white one..

i don't really see anything similar other than red paw/hugging ass. furc only has so many colours, and ferals only have so many poses, it's only a matter of time before you find some (vaguely) alike.

Offline Glory

«Reply #11: June 12, 2009, 11:05:44 AM»
You're all accusing the design of being stolen... from a foot because of it's two VERY COMMON COMBO'd colors? A head that doesn't match up in size, proportion, angle, or even shading? And grass...?
I don't get any of these. You're all just seeing what you want to see I believe.
I think you're all just flattering yourselves, personally.

Offline Tish

«Reply #12: June 12, 2009, 11:26:28 AM»
You're all accusing the design of being stolen... from a foot because of it's two VERY COMMON COMBO'd colors? A head that doesn't match up in size, proportion, angle, or even shading? And grass...?
I don't get any of these. You're all just seeing what you want to see I believe.

Off topic, but
Please don't say "you're all", because myself and some others weren't. Thanks. ;D

Offline Narnia

«Reply #13: June 12, 2009, 11:34:37 AM»

Did you even read any posts in this thread before posting? Most of them state that they don't believe that the port is stolen. There may be some referencing, but that's about that extent.

And at that. I'm locking this.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

anything