turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: recklessFUSION; an art contest with over 300$ in prizes.  (Read 14661 times)

Offline br0wni3

recklessFUSION
an art contest with over 300$ in prizes.

INTRODUCTION
hello and welcome to my first art contest.  it's going to be a big one and its all for my favorite darling Tilt.  all forms of artwork accepted! however, i would like to see portrait art, character art, and websites the most! keep reading for more info.
RULES & ENTRY
all art submitted is automatically mine, no resell.

do not steal, cheat, or copy anyone elses artwork.

character and design are MINE.

collab entries will be accepted; prize money MUST be split 50/50.

please conceal all your entries till the end.

to enter please send an e-mail to [email protected] including your category, your name, your da or gallery link, and the status of your entry.

i request that all entrants keep contact with me throughout the contest!

rules are subject to change.

PRIZES
1st  place- $200 USD paypal/digo
2nd place- $100 USD paypal/digo
3rd  place- $50 USD paypal/digo

END DATE
September 1st, 2009.

CHARACTER
t i l t - anthro.
fur login: tilt
character name: tilly.
species: Vulpes zerda (fennec fox)
(The Fennec Fox is the smallest of all foxes with very large ears (the largest of all canids) which radiate excessive body heat, and a long, soft, thick fur coat coloured a light sandy to reddish sandy colour. Their belly is a creamy white colour, as well as their feet, and they have a black-tipped tail. The soles of their feet are furred for protection from the hot sand and rocks in their native habitat and dark bristles cover the anal gland. Fennecs have very acute hearing and can pick up the movements of their prey or enemies at a considerable distance.)

(Fennec Foxes are always considered nocturnal. This may be so but they love to play in the warm sands and sleep on top of objects warmed by the sun.. Fennecs are the most social of foxes. They do not have musk glands, which may contribute to their inherent friendliness. They are extremely agile and can dart to and fro among the dunes at high speed, making quick changes of direction. The fennec fox survives by its wit and powerful legs, having the ability to leap four times its body length and disappear by diving into the sand. They can dig 20 feet in one night.)

height: 4'11"
weight: 98lbs
build: muscular, yet feminine.
piercings: one through the center of her nose; like a bull.
tattoos: 'CRUNK' down her side; big bold black letters.

image references:
character
character
species/markings
required clothing - be creative, add on!
hair - just keep the braided mohawk style, but go ahead and play with it.

FURCADIA DESCRIPTION
Crunk and grind, that's my bloodline! A vixen, devised from reckless fusion of sugar and spice; cinnamon locks toppled from amidst large, pointed ears, only to complicate sultry kohl-lined denim eyes. Those heavenly orbs were made vibrant by dulce de leche swirls that melted across precious feminine physique, one deprived of voluptuous curves. What was lost in beauty was made up for in personality. A cotton-candy cupcake stung by anisette, corrupted by bitter greed. Beguiling baby clung to singular way of life: bling bang; never met a man... whose  wallet she didn't like. 

IDEAS/HINTS/BONUS'
her stealing something, she is a theif.
her decked out in jewerly and other riches that are obviously not hers! (two watches on one wrist, 10 rings for every finger, 7 chains around her neck, 2 wallets, coins, ect!)
her in an action pose! (running, jumping, falling, ect.)
strong poses, not sweet subtle poses.
action! (blowing a bubble, winking, sticking her tongue out)
different/unique angles.
Captions.
. . . . . more to come as i think of them, so keep your eyes here!

ENTRIES
Ostara / Mystical
Spite
Primus
MT
Asiil
Funhora
....am i missing you?  PM me!

CONTACT ME
PM me.
AIM: truesalacity
e-mail: [email protected]
furc: tilt
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:39:22 PM by br0wni3 »

Offline Asiil

Re: recklessFUSION; an art contest with over 300$ in prizes.
«Reply #1: June 16, 2009, 12:06:48 PM»
I got some time between art to do this! Count me in.
I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
«Reply #2: June 16, 2009, 06:53:40 PM»
I'd love to enter!  :-*

Offline Creek

«Reply #3: June 18, 2009, 12:31:50 AM»
I entered. LOL. Forgot to put my name though. [email protected] is my email. So like yeah.. xD

Spite

«Reply #4: June 18, 2009, 02:43:46 AM»
Count me in. :D

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #5: June 18, 2009, 01:48:28 PM»
Already have some great ideas for this one. Entering!

Offline Classycat

«Reply #6: June 20, 2009, 11:06:30 PM»
I'll enter! =D

Offline Fuhnora

«Reply #7: June 24, 2009, 02:11:12 PM»
This sounds so fun, and I've already got some sketches done.
I'm entering :D

Sabrina

«Reply #8: June 26, 2009, 05:36:57 PM»
I'll enter

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #9: June 27, 2009, 12:49:26 AM»
Just a quick question. Will the fact that this is also posted on the furcadia forums effect anything?

Offline br0wni3

«Reply #10: June 29, 2009, 08:02:43 PM»
Pardon?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question.

ALSO ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE TURNED IN THEIR ENTRIES VIA E-MAIL WILL BE PLACED UNDER THE ENTRANTS SECTION.

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #11: June 30, 2009, 01:33:26 AM»
I'm just a bit confused after noticing that this was also posted on the furcadia forums. Are you going to be choosing winners from both furcadia forum users and FAZ users as well displaying entries from both communities?

Offline pin

«Reply #12: June 30, 2009, 02:53:41 AM»
are multiple entries allowed?

i didnt see it anywhere and if it is infact in there i apologize

Offline Feri

«Reply #13: June 30, 2009, 03:02:44 PM»
I want to enterrrrrrrrr!!! c:

Offline Primus

«Reply #14: June 30, 2009, 05:54:50 PM»
I entered and sent you an email.
You just lost The Game.

Offline Tom

«Reply #15: July 01, 2009, 02:21:27 AM»
Hi.  You also played Brownie if I recall, and I also recall a friend had issues with your payment regarding a dream commission.  You commissioned someone for a dream, and yet never paid the $40 for it when it was completed.  I believe there was a thread once on FAM about it, and also another thread about you tracing artwork (Not that the second one is relevant) I'm not calling you a scammer or ruin your art contest, but I am wondering if you have an actual proof of the money or digo prizes?  I would hate to see history repeat itself after everyone has done a line of artwork for you, and leave empty-handed.  There are still scam/trace alert threads on FAM/FAZ, and some from long before were erased. 

Sorry, I am just skeptical.  I see many contests with $100 worth of prizes, but $300?  You're planning to freely give away freely $200 of cash (PayPal) for a portrait?  I don't know, but to me that's laughable and hard to believe. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:33:09 PM by Tom »

Offline Sedde

«Reply #16: July 01, 2009, 06:53:33 PM»
lol nvm
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:55:19 PM by Sedde »

Offline br0wni3

«Reply #17: July 03, 2009, 03:36:35 PM»
A dream commission?
I don't recall a dream commission. I could have a bad memory if you do say this was from a long time ago. 

Tracing artwork?
Oh yeah, I remember that.  Someone accused my portrait of being traced but was NEVER able to prove anything.  Not even the artist who I apparently 'traced' from could bring forth the picture that I "traced".  It has no meaning in this thread, or even the one it was started in.  Defensive? Of course, that was my hard worked artwork that was thrown up on the forums to be criticized and called fake with nothing but someones opinion to back it up. I'm sure some of you have had this happen and know the feeling.

Proof of the money or digos? 
How would you like me to do that? I can't exactly give my personal bank or paypal information to prove the existence of my money.  I do not own any life digos, the last one I had I traded for the money to put into this art contest.   The contest's money has been saved up for a long time and has just recently reached its goal of 350$.   If you can think of a way to have me prove the money is there, then humor me and tell me.  Till then, you'll be stuck on my word. If its not good enough for you, then you don't have to enter.   

$200 Freely for a portrait?
 That makes me laugh.  Honestly, I don't see it that way.  I see it in this light.  I am giving a chance to a handful of motivated, dedicated, and unique artists the chance to bring my idea onto paper and give it life in their own unique style.  What's free about it? Endless hours spent on drafting, sketching, linning, and perfecting something that an artist is confident enough to throw to the wolves (judges) to be judged and held up against others work - I'm going to stop there.  I think i've made my point.  This money is given away in honor of the work and time artists put into their own work.  It's like a pat on the back, with a wad of cash.   

I may not respond like lighting to this thread, e-mails, or posts but that is because I do have a life, like many of you, outside this game, these forums, and the internet itself.  Respect that. 

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #18: July 03, 2009, 08:35:32 PM»
I respect your reply so much.
Like...there are a million ways you could have responded, and I think the way you handled it just made my decision for me!

I definitely want to enter and will send an e-mail with my finished pic along the way!

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #19: July 07, 2009, 07:01:00 AM»
You've also convinced me even though I was a bit skeptical after that post. By the way, there are a few questions on the front page that you need to answer. ;)

Offline Katie!

«Reply #20: July 10, 2009, 11:13:53 AM»
I am entering.

Offline kenzy

«Reply #21: July 11, 2009, 09:33:11 PM»
I'm entering and I've already sent you an e-mail. <3

Offline Drug

«Reply #22: July 12, 2009, 07:42:22 PM»
Are multiple entries allowed? >_>

Offline br0wni3

«Reply #23: July 15, 2009, 02:18:44 PM»
yes.

MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED!

Offline Pango

«Reply #24: July 16, 2009, 02:34:20 PM»
Holy jeez, I'd love to enter this. I'll send an email right now.