turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Warning about another commissioner? (This is getting old.. x_x)  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Pango

Okay, this one isn't as bad as the Macaw incident but I figured I should tell you all anyway!

I was commissioned by Ashe Loxeus about two weeks ago
for an army-themed portrait featuring an M4 Carbine as well as camo and other things.
I was slightly uncomfortable doing the portrait, so I upped his offer from $15 to $20, and he gladly took it.
He told me to have fun with it.
I didn't, but whatever- it's a commission.
So I worked on it.
Every time I tried to ask him for suggestions or changes he wasn't online, so I just worked on it.
My boyfriend actually helped me fix the gun and such, so I had changed it a few times.

Anyway!

I finished working on the main portrait and showed him the finished product, without the background.
 He loved it but had no idea what to do for a background. After saying this (and after every short conversation) he left very quickly to go to bed.

Disregarding it I finished the portrait and waited for him to pay it.
I hadn't sent him the portrait, so I didn't get scammed, thankfully.

It was two weeks since he's seen the finished product and I still hadn't been paid.

I confronted him about it today and he said he had to make a new paypal blah-blah-blah.
So I told him how to send money using the bank account without using paypal, and he refused.
So I told him that if he wasn't going to pay for it today then I would either resell it or post it up as a freebie.

He insisted that it was impossible because of his character's "specs."
(Blue hair, tiger stripes, camo, and a specific type of gun. What?)

So he said he didn't need it at all and that I shouldn't bitch at him because he's in the army, and basically tried to get me to kiss his steel-toed feet.

I decided against that, told him that I was going to resell it, and ignored him.

Could you tell me your thoughts on the problem and if I made the right decision?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:28:11 PM by Pango »

Offline Heimdall

I'm not seeing the pic neither here nor on your premade thead.

I personally would have given him longer than two weeks to pay.

Offline Pango

Really? Lemme see why that is.

I would have given him longer if he wasn't such a jerk to me about it when I asked him.

Offline Creek

When people commission people, they should already have the money. Not scrap it up when its time ...;.; sorry this happened Pangdear. :3 I hope it sells quickly. [ and yeah, not seein it here either]

Offline Pango

I think I fixed it.

Offline Pango

The images won't work for some reason so I just linked 'em.

Offline Morgan

no you didnt. you cant hotlink from furaffinity. stop being lazy and upload to imageshack or tinypic or something. god. e_______E

Offline Pango

no you didnt. you cant hotlink from furaffinity. stop being lazy and upload to imageshack or tinypic or something. god. e_______E
I didn't know that, sorry. D:

Sesruc

okay i would've given him longer to pay but that's up to you as an artist
he didn't take the port, nothing was stolen and all i can get from this is "he didn't pay fast enough and was a jerk so here's a warning if you ever work with this guy" from this. in all this is your personal experience with this commissioner, granted it evidently wasn't a good one as you claim on your half. imo this may be better as a review than an *alert*

Offline Hugo

Well on the other hand the commissioner did not have the money to pay for the port at the time of commissioning. I'm glad I know about this seeing as I don't like running around keeping track of pending payments.

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
okay i would've given him longer to pay but that's up to you as an artist
he didn't take the port, nothing was stolen and all i can get from this is "he didn't pay fast enough and was a jerk so here's a warning if you ever work with this guy" from this. in all this is your personal experience with this commissioner, granted it evidently wasn't a good one as you claim on your half. imo this may be better as a review than an *alert*
I agree with Sesruc.

Offline Pango

Yeah, it was more of a review.

But you don't commission someone if you don't have the money without saying "I don't have the money yet."

I thought he had it the whole time.

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
Well, it happens. basically you're doing the smart thing by reselling the port, and I don't think an art alert thread was really necessary imo

Offline Zim

Agreeing with what's been said. There was no theft here. This should be in reviews. Locked.