turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Question about pricing (port-related) B:  (Read 903 times)

Offline Centra

Question about pricing (port-related) B:
«: June 26, 2009, 12:59:45 AM»
I decided to change up my ports option on my commissions thread, but as always I'm wondering if the price changes are appropriate.  C:

My regular ports art $10, and that includes a simple BG (a pattern, spots, color, etc) and some sort of object if the commissioner wants.

The change is:

I now charge an additional $10 for a complex landscape background (examples below). 
The commissioner gets:

- a BG drawn from scratch (usually in Photoshop and then transferred to the FSH editor)
- both the complete port file and the BG file
- permission to use the background for their own personal port projects as many times as they want (the only prohibition is they cannot sell or use it in their own thread/shop... but otherwise can commission someone else draw on it, etc)

I also have a set of pre-made BGs, which go for and additional $3 (to the $10 port) including minor edits (flowers, more trees/bushes, a few birds, etc).  The original file isn't given out and I can re-use these as I need to.  (I also plan to add more as time goes on)

So what do you guys think?  Good, bad, something in between?  :0

Offline Morgan

Re: Question about pricing (port-related) B:
«Reply #1: June 26, 2009, 01:16:39 AM»
very very nice. :3

IPGD

«Reply #2: June 26, 2009, 01:17:40 AM»
Seems reasonable.

Offline Suzy

«Reply #3: June 26, 2009, 12:33:19 PM»
Gorgeous. That's very reasonable.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #4: June 26, 2009, 01:38:55 PM»
So they're being resold multiple times as well as being reused by you? Just clearing that up.

Offline Centra

«Reply #5: June 26, 2009, 05:45:09 PM»
Aww...~  Thanks, guys~  ;w;  I'm glad I didn't do anything too crazy, haha.

And @ Hugo-- The custom ones wouldn't be re-used/re-sold by me (only the commissioner would be able to re-use them), but the pre-made ones would be.  Think of them as 'stock' BG options that the commissioner can choose if they want a nice background but don't want to pay $10 for a custom landscape.  C:

Offline Hugo

«Reply #6: June 26, 2009, 11:25:14 PM»
Sounds good to me then.