turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price this port?  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Shannon

Price this port?
«: June 26, 2009, 11:36:25 AM»
So.. Here I am again!

With new ports and a new style :) I hope this works out better <3

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:53:15 PM by Shannon »
Furcadia: Revilian, Tibet, Kumal, Lad

Offline Suzy

Re: Price Zah's ports? :)
«Reply #1: June 26, 2009, 12:32:01 PM»
The way these images change color makes it hard to study the shading very well. :P I'm easily distracted, though. Your ferals look pretty good, I might pay up to 5 GD for them. However, your anthros/humans are lacking. For example, you tend to make the shoulders very thin when they should be broad enough to fit two of a person's head on them. I would pay may 2-3 GD for them, but I probably wouldn't be commissioning you.

IPGD

«Reply #2: June 28, 2009, 05:04:04 AM»
1-3, see my sig

Offline Shannon

«Reply #3: June 29, 2009, 03:30:16 AM»
The way these images change color makes it hard to study the shading very well. :P I'm easily distracted, though. Your ferals look pretty good, I might pay up to 5 GD for them. However, your anthros/humans are lacking. For example, you tend to make the shoulders very thin when they should be broad enough to fit two of a person's head on them. I would pay may 2-3 GD for them, but I probably wouldn't be commissioning you.

Thanks ^^ And yes, I've been creating more feral ports than anthro ports. It's because I first started out with feral when I started drawing.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: June 29, 2009, 11:35:54 AM»
1-2GD
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Hugo

«Reply #5: June 29, 2009, 10:55:04 PM»
For the love of fuck stop fucking swearing you asshole.

IPGD

«Reply #6: June 30, 2009, 12:22:35 AM»
fuck you hugo you BITCH don't talk to my main nigga youlanda like that or i'm gonna fucking break your sorry ass

Offline Shannon

«Reply #7: June 30, 2009, 05:11:17 PM»
o.o;;;

Wtf. the only thing that I asked is too price my ports and give some critics about it. Not the way I show it, I am too lazy to paste them all together.. e.e;

Offline Cormallen

«Reply #8: June 30, 2009, 05:19:33 PM»
Don't mind Hugo and Matter; I'm sure Narnia or Turq will be by to beat some politeness into them soon. *glares at the two*

But you do have legitimate problems--rapid color shifting doesn't show off your work well. Take the time and effort to make a "sheet" for better review; we're big jessies here and won't smear you for it.

I do, however, agree that you're not utilizing the spectrum that the palette offers; because of the three-color flatness prices will be proportionate. 2-3 GS will be your best, if at all.
Swords: A greatsword is not a one-handed weapon. A greatsword is not fast. If it is fast, it means it's made of paper mache' and will break upon striking anything.

Randomat twirls two greatswords, one in each hand.
GM: Randomat's hands fall off.

--from the Leirune RP Guide

IPGD

«Reply #9: July 01, 2009, 12:25:54 PM»
Wtf. the only thing that I asked is too price my ports and give some critics about it. Not the way I show it, I am too lazy to paste them all together.. e.e;
I think her point was that it makes it harder to actually evaluate the ports and give you prices and criticism

Don't mind Hugo and Matter; I'm sure Narnia or Turq will be by to beat some politeness into them soon. *glares at the two*
yeah, they'll beat me right after I give them their MOD BLOWJOBS WOO WOO

Offline Suzy

«Reply #10: July 01, 2009, 12:50:15 PM»

I'm pretty sure they were joking. XD

I think her point was that it makes it harder to actually evaluate the ports and give you prices and criticism
As I previously stated.

Offline Shannon

«Reply #11: July 01, 2009, 02:18:17 PM»

I'm pretty sure they were joking. XD

As I previously stated.

In a nice way, yes. At the moment I cannot change them cause I don't have my portraits on this laptop. I will change it as soon as possible.

Offline Shannon

«Reply #12: July 05, 2009, 04:29:46 AM»
up

Offline Suzy

«Reply #13: July 05, 2009, 01:35:24 PM»
Take my opinion as a "consumer's opinion", since I'm no expert in any of this. Now that the images are more clear, I'll look them over again.

From what I can tell, you seem to have a good grasp of canine anatomy. You've developed a style that some will find appealing. Lucky for you, you didn't just draw wolves over and over, so there is a bit of variety in what you can do. If I wanted a feral portrait from you, I would be willing to pay about 3 GD. You ought to study shading a little more, to make them less flat.

Your anthros/humans... need a lot of work. You obviously don't have any knowledge of basic human anatomy (though I'm one to talk.. I don't have much either). The shading, again, is too flat. I might pay 1 GD, but I doubt I would ever commission you for an anthro/human portrait.

Offline Sedde

«Reply #14: July 05, 2009, 03:38:04 PM»
For something like the first one, I'd willingly pay something like 5-8 GD -- the lack of contrast is the only thing keeping me from saying up to 10. The others you have shown here, I wouldn't pay more than 3 GD for. Huge jump in quality there.

Offline Shannon

«Reply #15: July 06, 2009, 09:25:58 AM»
For something like the first one, I'd willingly pay something like 5-8 GD -- the lack of contrast is the only thing keeping me from saying up to 10. The others you have shown here, I wouldn't pay more than 3 GD for. Huge jump in quality there.

The first one is the last one is the most recent one. I haven't made any portraits lately, the only reason I made that one was for a friend's birthday :) I hope I can keep up the first one's quality. Thanks.

Offline Shannon

«Reply #16: July 08, 2009, 04:17:25 AM»
up

Offline Cornelius

«Reply #17: July 08, 2009, 10:22:39 PM»
I dont think you have to bump it, The critique board is kinda low-traffic.

As for the ports, For the 3rd Port, Try to make it seem more hair like. The Hair kinda looks like plastic to me.

The ferals are okay, They look kinda flat though. I'd pay mayybe.. 3 GDs for the ferals. Try to get more practice with the humanish ports c:

Offline Shannon

«Reply #18: July 09, 2009, 01:20:18 AM»
I dont think you have to bump it, The critique board is kinda low-traffic.

As for the ports, For the 3rd Port, Try to make it seem more hair like. The Hair kinda looks like plastic to me.

The ferals are okay, They look kinda flat though. I'd pay mayybe.. 3 GDs for the ferals. Try to get more practice with the humanish ports c:

Yap :) Thanks, so we all came to the conclusion of 3GD and I need more pracise on my anthro's :)
By the way, it was my first and only human port, hehe.

Also, + new port

Offline Shannon

«Reply #19: July 22, 2009, 04:10:58 PM»
bump!

Offline Sync

«Reply #20: July 23, 2009, 05:33:20 PM»
i'd probably only pay for the line arts on these, if i paid at all. if you weren't offering just line arts, in the event i'd commission you, i'd reshade the whole thing. the characters are very pillow shaded with little contrast which makes them look pretty boring.

i'd pay 1 - 3 gd for the dogs, nothing for the anthros.

Offline Shannon

«Reply #21: July 24, 2009, 03:37:15 AM»
Okay, well thanks once again. And yes, but I really need some practising, and great thanks to Youlanda. I think I will be messing around with my shading from now on :)

Offline Shannon

«Reply #22: November 19, 2009, 04:31:29 PM»
Updated.

anything