turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Now THAT's wrong.  (Read 1551 times)

Raikku

• Topic Author
Now THAT's wrong.
«: June 26, 2009, 02:46:58 PM»
I logged in to Facebook, checked my friends updates as usual...Only to see one of them has joined this.

Live cats and dogs as shark bait? This is something that causes me to lose even more hope for humanity.

There was even a video on Youtube, but it's been removed due to terms of use violation. It was likely due to the disturbing footage.

Seriously, just because some people don't see animals as having souls/being alive/whatever, does NOT give them the right to abuse them. Especially in this barbaric way.

Offline Suzy

Re: Now THAT's wrong.
«Reply #1: June 26, 2009, 02:49:35 PM»
I agree. That's awful! Can't they use fish?

Raikku

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: June 26, 2009, 02:51:21 PM»
I'm sure they could, but from what I saw of the video, it was in Venezuela, so of course there are plenty of stray cats and dogs...And unfortunately, I'm sure the fishers look at them as free, bigger chunks of meat.

Offline Suzy

«Reply #3: June 26, 2009, 04:17:39 PM»
That's a good point...

Offline Hugo

«Reply #4: June 26, 2009, 04:24:24 PM»
What we see as barbaric is everyday life in other countries. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I guess it's one of those culture things like the countries that eat dogs and cats since they're so abundant.

Like the rate at which we eat hamburgers in the eyes of cow-worshiping peoples.

Offline Spooki

«Reply #5: June 26, 2009, 04:34:50 PM»
100% I think it's disgusting.. but Wings, you say 'Why can't they use fish?' does fish not being fuzzy and cute make it any less wrong to use them?

I hate that people seem to say 'Awww... poor bunnies/cats/dogs/whateverothercuteanimal but then don't care when animals like fish/lizards/etc are injured.

Not saying any of you feel that way, I'm just stating in general. But yeah, I definitely think it's sick to use cats/dogs as bait but I guess this day in age you do what you need to in order to survive.
~~ Putting the square block in the round hole since 1985 ~~

I can be reached on Furc as Spooki

Offline Morgan

«Reply #6: June 26, 2009, 04:44:21 PM»
100% I think it's disgusting.. but Wings, you say 'Why can't they use fish?' does fish not being fuzzy and cute make it any less wrong to use them?

I hate that people seem to say 'Awww... poor bunnies/cats/dogs/whateverothercuteanimal but then don't care when animals like fish/lizards/etc are injured.

Not saying any of you feel that way, I'm just stating in general. But yeah, I definitely think it's sick to use cats/dogs as bait but I guess this day in age you do what you need to in order to survive.

fish are also a shark's natural prey :V

Offline Mredria

«Reply #7: June 26, 2009, 05:32:54 PM»
I feel bad that they don't take the 3 seconds to kill an animal before using it. Drowning/being eaten to death is a horrible, frightening way to go.
---I apologize---

Offline Spooki

«Reply #8: June 26, 2009, 06:44:11 PM»
I know Morgan and like I said before, I agree that it's horrible the people are taking cats & dogs to use as bait. I suppose it's more people using any defenseless creature as 'shark bait' that urks me.

Fish have a better chance of swimming away if they're not attatched to a hook. =p

Offline Suzy

«Reply #9: June 26, 2009, 08:12:13 PM»
The only reason I think they should use fish is because getting eaten by sharks is natural for them...

Offline Spooki

«Reply #10: June 26, 2009, 08:18:26 PM»
The only reason I think they should use fish is because getting eaten by sharks is natural for them...
Kay, really wasn't trying to start an arguement or anything. x.x

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #11: July 04, 2009, 07:37:54 PM»
I feel bad that they don't take the 3 seconds to kill an animal before using it. Drowning/being eaten to death is a horrible, frightening way to go.

QFE.

Offline Fox

«Reply #12: July 04, 2009, 07:53:01 PM»
Such is life.
Fly me to the moon so I can play among the stars

Offline $kye

«Reply #13: July 04, 2009, 09:10:15 PM»
if only they started using people...

Offline Fox

«Reply #14: July 04, 2009, 11:31:29 PM»
if only they started using people...
if only. ...
But then we'd have the other side of the humane society down their throats about cruelty to people.
Sighhh

Personally I dont agree with what they do but there is very little that can be done to prevent it. it may seem horrible and cruel by our standards, but to them its just the easiest way to solve two problems at once.

Again is state, such is life.
Fly me to the moon so I can play among the stars