turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Host  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Magma

The Host
«: June 28, 2009, 10:17:24 AM»
Read this first! I am aware of the fact that the Twilight series could easily come into play during this discussion, but I am not asking about your opinions on Twilight or how The Host relates to Twilight. Do NOT mention Twilight, please!

Now...

Has anyone read Stephenie Meyer's The Host? If so, what did you think of it in general? Did you find similarities to other books/movies? Did you like it? Why or why not? I just want to hear opinions. :)

Zafira

Re: The Host
«Reply #1: June 28, 2009, 11:22:01 AM»
I haven't read it myself, but my friend has and she tells me that Meyer adopted a different writing style for The Host. We disliked her other books, but she says that The Host is directed to an older age group. Still, I find similarities between Stephenie Meyer and Meg Cabot... and both annoy me. ;p

I don't think it's worth my time, but I may be wrong. C:

Offline Magma

«Reply #2: June 28, 2009, 11:50:29 AM»
I haven't read it myself, but my friend has and she tells me that Meyer adopted a different writing style for The Host. We disliked her other books, but she says that The Host is directed to an older age group. Still, I find similarities between Stephenie Meyer and Meg Cabot... and both annoy me. ;p

I don't think it's worth my time, but I may be wrong. C:

Yes, yes. It's completely different from her other books. If I didn't know otherwise, I would never guess that they were written by the same author. I also agree that the content, writing style, and complexity is for an older audience.

Maybe you should give it a chance considering it is nothing like her other books.

Thanks for the input.  :D

IPGD

«Reply #3: June 28, 2009, 12:42:39 PM»
I read the wikipedia synopsis, and all I can say is fuck love triangles

shit is never interesting

Offline Magma

«Reply #4: June 28, 2009, 12:47:58 PM»
I read the wikipedia synopsis, and all I can say is fuck love triangles

shit is never interesting

That's more or less how I felt when I read the inside cover and reviews and such. To be honest, I hate that the situation in the book is described as a love triangle. It gives you preconceived ideas and expectations. I can see why that term was chosen, but I personally wouldn't say that it is completely accurate after having read the book.

I can totally see your point though. I feel the same way about that kind of thing in most cases.  :-\

Offline Morgan

«Reply #5: June 28, 2009, 01:25:46 PM»
I read the wikipedia synopsis, and all I can say is

bitch ripped off invasion of the bodysnatchers.

fuck her.

Offline Magma

«Reply #6: June 28, 2009, 02:01:22 PM»

fuck her.

Hehe. I was waiting for that one. It's similar.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 02:04:46 PM by Magma »

Offline Morgan

«Reply #7: June 28, 2009, 02:25:40 PM»

fuck her.

there is nothing funny about that >:V

Offline Magma

«Reply #8: June 28, 2009, 02:31:48 PM»

fuck her.

there is nothing funny about that >:V

The "hehe" was due to the fact that I was amused that someone hadn't mentioned it earlier.

Offline dark_angel

«Reply #9: July 01, 2009, 08:30:03 PM»
lol, i have read host and i love it. Its way better than twilight (thats the end of that subject). and i didnt know that there was aonther book/movie like host... Sweet even though it sound familular (i cant spell)

Offline Suzy

«Reply #10: July 01, 2009, 09:31:23 PM»
...Sounds stupid. o_o

Offline Magma

«Reply #11: July 02, 2009, 07:31:25 PM»
lol, i have read host and i love it. Its way better than twilight (thats the end of that subject). and i didnt know that there was aonther book/movie like host... Sweet even though it sound familular (i cant spell)

I agree. :)

anything