turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crit this? c:  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Mala

Crit this? c:
«: March 07, 2008, 09:55:57 PM»
I recently finished up a few traditional pics w/ a background, and this (my opinion) is my best one.

I really would like some crits, or whatever you can do. On anatomy, background, pose, anything.

kthx.

Offline Mala

Re: Crit this? c:
«Reply #1: March 25, 2008, 11:09:32 PM»
no srsly? ):

Offline lu

«Reply #2: March 26, 2008, 04:57:52 AM»
ok, there ya go:

anatomy - there are three things that are bugging me in this picture. first, the shoulders, which i suggest you make them wider, or something. second, it looks like your character has no chin. try adding some? and as for the legs, the left looks.. uh.. boneless? idk something about it just doesn't feel right.

background - haha, i like it. it gives me some sort of 'classic horror movie' vibe.

pose - like previously stated, the only thing that seems to bug me is the left leg.

hope that helps.

Offline Karp!

«Reply #3: March 26, 2008, 09:42:11 AM»
I agree with what Lu said :>
Uhm...Let's see. The thing that bugs me the most is the left leg. It seems to be coming out right next to the right one. She has no crotch sdfkjsfddsfkdfs. Also, the wrinkles on the shirt don't really seem to...I don't know. They make her look lumpy. Try to only put wrinkles where it seems likely for them to appear, not on random places on the shirt. (Wrinkles under the armpits, or near her waist if she's twisting her hips...)  The neck is too thick, and it doesn't look like she has much of a chin. Also, try..giving her more shoulders. It looks like she doesn't have any. sdfkjgssdfg I'm not the best with anatomy so tell me if I'm incorrect?

Offline Mala

«Reply #4: March 26, 2008, 10:12:12 AM»
hehe, tyvm guys. That was my first real tackle at a humanish anthro charry, so I've been really needed the crits. <3 Wrinkles are a pain in the arse for me, thanks for helping with that, Winged. c:

And yeah, that left leg was really bad now that i look at it.

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #5: March 31, 2008, 12:36:40 AM»

I figured I would be best off to red line it rather than try and write out what I thought, hope you don't mind. I will take this down from my cgallery after you reply here. :>

Anyways, yes this is just a quick redline to show what I might have done differently in the picture. The viewers left leg is drawn in a way that it would look if you were looking at it from a side view in your original, and that pose would probbly be a rather uncomfortable and unnatural one. If you wanted the leg to face more on the side, there would still be more of an inward angle to it rather than a straight side view.

My lines aren't perfect and I am sure are lacking in anatomical sense but maybe thet help a little bit. x.x

Offline Mala

«Reply #6: March 31, 2008, 09:53:15 AM»
Oh geez, this helps A LOT Turq. Wow, I didn't even think of the outward leg like that. xD;

Thanks!

Offline Zodiac

«Reply #7: March 31, 2008, 01:57:18 PM»
Np! Should I go ahead and take this down now?

Offline Mala

«Reply #8: March 31, 2008, 05:47:31 PM»
If you want to, yup. I already have it saved for future references. <3

anything