turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crit + price  (Read 705 times)

Offline sarragh

Crit + price
«: March 08, 2008, 01:28:55 AM»
And I mean HARDCORE critique, please. Go above and beyond and redline, too. Point things out that I clearly haven't noticed. I really, truly appreciate it.

And tell me what noob portraits are worth.

Offline Zodiac

Re: Crit + price
«Reply #1: March 08, 2008, 10:26:31 AM»
The first one looks really good and there is not much I would change about it. Maybe a bit more of an interesting background would do it good.

The second one, just looks kinda funky overall because the face really has no nose or shading that indicates a nose. I don't know if this is part of the character, but it would make the whole port look a lot better if there were a nose. The hair looks pretty good. Again, a more interesting BG would do this one good too.

Normally I would say to smooth and thin out line work, but in your case I like how the line work looks and I think it adds to the style of the work.

You also need a signature in both. :)

I would price these between 6-10GD

Offline Sierra

Re: Crit + price
«Reply #2: March 08, 2008, 05:20:48 PM»
Turq pointed out a lot of what I was going to mention. The shading on the first one is great, but on the second one the body isn't really shaded. As Turq already suggested, maybe make better backgrounds? I don't know how others feel, but I would thin out the lineart because it looks clumpy in some areas, unless you plan on making it all kinda thick-lined, then it would look better. I'm not an amazing portrait artist, and I don't know all that much, so I would definately look at others' opinions as well x3. I would pay $4-$8

anything