turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: traced/copied?  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Gengar

traced/copied?
«: July 07, 2009, 08:53:17 AM»
I was on one of my alts in TGT yesterday, and Wahoots whispered me. After we talked and he looked at my character's site, he said one of the arts I had looked very familiar.
He said it might've been traced/copied. And I told him no, Tooth (the artist of the specific piece) would never do that. her art was made from scratch for my contest for Kross, which never went through because of some difficulties, but she let me keep it anyway (thank you<3). But he said no, he thinks that the picture Tooth drew HAD been traced, by someone else. In other words, someone traced/copied Tooth's picture, not vice versa.
He said it was very familiar, and he thought he saw it around. I'm just taking precautions and all, so has anyone seen a lineart or something similar to this picture?
this is the one in question;

if you have any info, feel free to post here or whisper me. thanks <3
Gengar -

Offline binkari

Re: traced/copied?
«Reply #1: July 15, 2009, 03:41:56 PM»
Doubt it. Some people are just a little too eager to jump on the art theft vigilante train.

It's already a really generic pose, so I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you might find something that matches up to it. Given the circumstances and what I know about Tooth (which isn't much, but let's pretend it's enough), I'd say it's legit and any pictures that prove to be similar are most likely coincidental.

Offline tooth

Re: traced/copied?
«Reply #2: June 06, 2010, 06:29:00 PM»
wow, im a bit late to reply, but id like to rip any pisshead a new one for accusing me of doing that (: i drew that without reference.. if i did trace i think it would actually be more anatomically correct than it is..ahahahaha..as for someone tracing my art, i really dont give a shit.