turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Draw me! 1st Prize: 1 year digo of your choice! [The winners have been posted!!]  (Read 1649 times)

Offline 0blivion

Character Art Contest!
I love art, and am looking to fill up my image page with lots of it! So, I will be holding a month long contest starting Friday, July 10th. The prizes and rules are as follows:

Prizes
First place: A year of any one digo you choose.

Second place: A month of any digo (where applicable)

Third place: A choice of a portrait or sketch by Lita Makoto. (http://litaness.deviantart.com)

Rules
- All images submitted, regardless if you win a prize or not, can be used by me at my own discretion.
- No X-rated themes! Keep it M at the very most.
- You may submit multiple pieces to be judged.
- There is no limit to the poses/styles you want to use. I'll accept all mediums of art, including portraits, sketches, CGs or character sheets. Just use my website for reference, and go wild!

To submit, send finished artwork to [email protected] All submissions must be received by 12:00 AM PST on July 31.
If you're interested or want to register for the contest, post here, or leave me a message. For questions, PM me.

EDIT: Art is for the character Oblivion. Therefore, should be related/of her. Sorry for any prior confusion.

Registered Artists:
Received =

Golde
Veranda
Damu Mtimia
Luminaria
Tarvos

Thank you to all the artists who contributed. I even waited a whole 'nother month to receive the other submissions. If you entered, but for some reason got distracted, the world got to you, the computer died, or anything of the sort, let me know! Even if you didn't make the deadline for the contest, I still want to reward you for your efforts.

So, get ahold of me, and send in those pictures and you'll receive a custom portrait by Lita Makoto.

Aaaaaaaand now, the winnars aaaaare.....

First Place Submission -

Damu Mtimia

All in all, I chose this one because of the accuracy of the artists' impression of my character. Plus, the bird-face is incredible.

Second Place Submission -
Luminaria

I personally think this is adorable. I've never seen a chibi Oblivion before, and this is as close a rendition as I think I have. The color is lovely as well, with the eyes being my personal favorite.

Thank you again. <3
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:49:05 PM by 0blivion »

Offline Natasha

Re: Fan Art Contest! 1st Prize: 1 year digo of your choice!
«Reply #1: July 08, 2009, 11:09:03 AM»
Do you mind traditional art? FSH/Paint hates me xD;;
Guinevere - Lime - Whiskey

Offline 0blivion

«Reply #2: July 08, 2009, 02:46:57 PM»
Traditional art is fine by me!
Pencil sketches, ink designs, or what-have you are perfectly okay.

Offline Suzy

«Reply #3: July 08, 2009, 07:15:00 PM»
What kind of fan art are we talking about?

Offline 0blivion

«Reply #4: July 08, 2009, 09:22:51 PM»
Just character art in general. Sketches, portraits, or character sheets of Oblivion. I say 'fan art' even though Oblivion isn't really based off any other character or design. >->;  Sorry for the confusion.

Offline Natasha

Re: Draw me! 1st Prize: 1 year digo of your choice!
«Reply #5: July 09, 2009, 03:15:52 AM»
In that case, i'll enter :D!
*Skittles off to draw* :D <3
Guinevere - Lime - Whiskey

Offline Luminaria

I would love to enter. I sent you an email, but I think you might not have received it.

Offline 0blivion

You've been added. ^^

Oh, and just a reminder to all contestants - The deadline is coming up quick!

Offline Tarvos

oh I'm entering too, dunno if I messaged you before about it :P