turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Moose's Portrait Tutorial v2 - Short Cuts  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Moose

Moose's Portrait Tutorial v2 - Short Cuts
«: July 11, 2009, 08:41:13 PM»
Here is the newest version of my tutorial! Updated to have more images and clearer steps, but just as wordy as the last one!

OLD TUTORIAL BELOW

Hey guys,

Here's a visual tutorial on how I do my portraits, I'm sure a few others do portraits this way too.

I am aware it's quite wordy, but I was going on the assumption most who use this are vaguely familliar with Adobe/FSHed and would need help.

Click link!

http://painted-memory.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Shading-Furc-Ports-125832346

Final image in the tutorial is for download too!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:13:54 AM by Moose »

Offline Suzy

Re: Moose's Portrait Tutorial
«Reply #1: July 11, 2009, 09:00:31 PM»
Beautiful. <3 I found that shading with the burn tool caused colors that would not not convert to remap colors very well at all, though. Perhaps I was going too dark/light?

Anyway, thanks!

Offline binkari

«Reply #2: July 11, 2009, 10:36:33 PM»
Pretty neat! I actually didn't know about the "nearest remap color" tool. Learn something new everyday. :)

Offline Moose

«Reply #3: July 12, 2009, 07:36:19 AM»
Beautiful. <3 I found that shading with the burn tool caused colors that would not not convert to remap colors very well at all, though. Perhaps I was going too dark/light?

Anyway, thanks!

An easy way to fix that problem is, what I do, shade the entire portrait using fur colour then use the colour swap to flip between then touch up in FSHed. This isn't a suggested method for hair though, as hair has a very, very limited palette.

Offline Moose

Re: Moose's Portrait Tutorial v2 - Short Cuts
«Reply #4: February 27, 2010, 11:14:13 AM»
+New Tutorial

anything