turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Should I sell?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Piosa

Should I sell?
«: July 12, 2009, 11:01:20 PM»
A couple of people were suggesting that I sell are art work...
Should I sell art work I know nothing on how to do so. I have no knowledge on how it works either.
You can check my gallery if you want, if so how much should I charge?
If you have the undesirable urge to critique you can I like a little insight, but you can cut out the personal stuff. Just let me know what I need to fix. I prefer visuals above all if you can provide them. :)
But more so to the point, what should I charge and how do I do so. I don't have a pay pal, so it will have to be in game money.

Oh also I haven't posted any but I do ports too! Though I have none saved because my friend and me always end up doing collabs so I can help her get monies. So she usually messes with the transaction...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:05:28 PM by Piosa »

Offline Scarlet Melrose

Re: Should I sell?
«Reply #1: July 13, 2009, 01:16:35 AM»
Wow the pieces you have in you gallery are wonderful.
I would definately try to sell your work. As far as prices I'm not sure, as you have different types of work posted there.

Offline passé

«Reply #2: July 13, 2009, 10:19:58 AM»
you'd certainly get commissions.  i don't know about how much you should charge, but depending on the style (oekaki vs. more elaborate scenes or multiple characters) you could easily charge anywhere from $10-30 USD and nobody would think you overpriced.  figure out how much your time and effort is worth to you and go from there.

the process is pretty simple. 1. someone fills out a commission form for you with information and references for the character, 2. you agree on details (like what kind of piece it will be) and a price, then 3. generally you show them a sketch and at this point the commissioner either pays in full or pays half.  4. you finish the piece, 5. they pay in full if they hadn't already, 6. everyone's happy. 

everyone handles the business end of commissions differently (and i speak as a consumer, not as an artist) but that's the general outline.

if you're going to use in-game money (GD), use furcadia's trade commands.

IPGD

«Reply #3: July 13, 2009, 12:08:49 PM»
The heads and necks you draw are sort of oversized, but aside from that, there's not too much wrong with the individual pieces in your gallery. The faces are stylized but constructed fairly well.

What I do have to question is: can you draw anything other than skinny kawaii catgirls from the waist-up? I wouldn't commission you, and not because your art is bad, but because your gallery shows no indication that you could properly capture my character's likeness. Can you draw men (and not just ones that look like women), overweight people, ugly people, old people, athletic/muscular people, and varying face types that convey more information than "cute"? If you can, show this in your gallery and you will open up your options with clients considerably. You could also get a lot more if you showed more dynamic poses and compositions with full bodied characters.

That being said, this is the furry community and 99.99% of the people in it have skinny kawaii catgirl characters they will love to have drawn from the waist up. You could charge anything you want and they will pay for it, basically.

Offline Piosa

«Reply #4: July 13, 2009, 10:16:55 PM»
Wow the pieces you have in you gallery are wonderful.
I would definately try to sell your work. As far as prices I'm not sure, as you have different types of work posted there.
I'll see what I can do and thank you! <3
you'd certainly get commissions.  i don't know about how much you should charge, but depending on the style (oekaki vs. more elaborate scenes or multiple characters) you could easily charge anywhere from $10-30 USD and nobody would think you overpriced.  figure out how much your time and effort is worth to you and go from there.

the process is pretty simple. 1. someone fills out a commission form for you with information and references for the character, 2. you agree on details (like what kind of piece it will be) and a price, then 3. generally you show them a sketch and at this point the commissioner either pays in full or pays half.  4. you finish the piece, 5. they pay in full if they hadn't already, 6. everyone's happy. 

everyone handles the business end of commissions differently (and i speak as a consumer, not as an artist) but that's the general outline.

if you're going to use in-game money (GD), use furcadia's trade commands.
The money exchange thing confuses the fool out of me, but your step by step does help I didn't think about a commission form though those are often tricky to tamper with. I like step 6 :)
The heads and necks you draw are sort of oversized, but aside from that, there's not too much wrong with the individual pieces in your gallery. The faces are stylized but constructed fairly well.

What I do have to question is: can you draw anything other than skinny kawaii catgirls from the waist-up? I wouldn't commission you, and not because your art is bad, but because your gallery shows no indication that you could properly capture my character's likeness. Can you draw men (and not just ones that look like women), overweight people, ugly people, old people, athletic/muscular people, and varying face types that convey more information than "cute"? If you can, show this in your gallery and you will open up your options with clients considerably. You could also get a lot more if you showed more dynamic poses and compositions with full bodied characters.

That being said, this is the furry community and 99.99% of the people in it have skinny kawaii catgirl characters they will love to have drawn from the waist up. You could charge anything you want and they will pay for it, basically.
LOL kawaii cat girls? Prey tell what is this kawaii that you speak of?
No seriously I'm not a conformist animu artist I try and steer away from that all those "kawaiis" are freebies I did for people. Though I understand your point.
The heads DO need change that's a habit the necks well that is a stylized thing I love long necks. However if it looks unattractive I will shorten them.
Yes the art is this and my DA are limited I haven't been on the internet art communities very long so what art I do post I end up deleting anyways. However I shall post more of my mens, and no I loath with a passion girly men THEY NEED TESTOSTERONE!! They need muscles of some sort unless they are wimpos.
Ok I'll put that on my to-do list of things I need to do with full bodies. Or atleast post some.... and dynamic poses "check" I'll get to it. However what of money orders how do you handle that or what so far as you see the price?

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #5: July 14, 2009, 12:47:31 AM»
::shakes vigorously:: YES YES YES.

You do wonderful artwork and I really think you would get some good commissions! In fact, I'd personally love to be a reference and I'd definitely suggest you to anyone looking for commissions. You do a fantastic job and you're so nice.

<3

Offline Piosa

«Reply #6: July 14, 2009, 07:40:34 PM»
::shakes vigorously:: YES YES YES.

You do wonderful artwork and I really think you would get some good commissions! In fact, I'd personally love to be a reference and I'd definitely suggest you to anyone looking for commissions. You do a fantastic job and you're so nice.

<3
God you are so sweet @[email protected] <3

Offline Piosa

«Reply #7: July 16, 2009, 03:47:37 PM»
Nice user icon. Did you make it?
Yes