turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price mah Port-aahhh!  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Sebbi

Price mah Port-aahhh!
«: July 14, 2009, 12:55:52 AM»

Actual link: http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/194/3/c/Port2_by_Sebbi_Sue.jpg

What do you lovely consumers think I should range this darn thing at? :3

If you MUST critique, be nice! Don't downside me and tell me my art is 'horrible' or 'lacking actual anatomy'. I'm not an art student and I'm not looking to feel the size of an atom. I appreciate and thrive off of kind, constructive criticism.

Also, little question, is it okay to sell just port art, or do I need to actually put the thing on a portspace?

Offline Hugo

Re: Price mah Port-aahhh!
«Reply #1: July 14, 2009, 01:16:25 AM»
Anywhere from 6-10? It really depends on how willing you are to customize. You may want to lift the breasts a bit in future pieces, they seem to hang real low here.

And no, most of us just sell the art. The buyer gets their own space somewhere else.

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #2: July 14, 2009, 01:21:27 AM»
Anywhere from 6-10? It really depends on how willing you are to customize. You may want to lift the breasts a bit in future pieces, they seem to hang real low here.

Ohman xD I never noticed that! My oldschool art had the boobies REALLY high, but I guess I overcompensated? x3 I may have to adjust that if I can, if not, well...the next one I shall find a happy medium between high and low. Poor boobs D:

It's only funny to me because I have a phobia of boob-sag. Lawl.

Offline Piosa

«Reply #3: July 14, 2009, 07:56:40 PM»
Agrees with hugo :)
Price wise and anatomy wise other than that good job keep up the good work and good luck

Offline Nny

«Reply #4: July 29, 2009, 02:00:23 PM»
I wouldn't pay for it.
I'd tell you why and give you critique, but I'm not one to ass-pat and sugarcoat my words.

Edit: It's hard to even see the actual piece when there's a shitload of watermarks over it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 02:04:26 PM by Nny »

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #5: July 29, 2009, 02:48:09 PM»
I wouldn't pay for it.
I'd tell you why and give you critique, but I'm not one to ass-pat and sugarcoat my words.

Edit: It's hard to even see the actual piece when there's a shitload of watermarks over it.

It doesn't matter if you are or are not an 'asspatter' or a 'sugar coater', but there is a difference between sounding like an absolute cuntface and actually saying something worthwhile. Thankfully a lot of people here are wonderful!

Aside from that, the watermark was placed there out of habit, but I think I got enough reviews and plenty of my own critique (I'm harder on myself than anyone could ever be on me) to decide the worth. :)

Offline Narnia

«Reply #6: July 29, 2009, 03:19:23 PM»
I wouldn't pay for it.

QFT/E

Especially the watermarking crap. Stop flattering yourself.

Additionally: You're posting in the non-critique area, therefore, I'm not going to critique you because you aren't open to getting anything but asspats.

QFE
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #7: July 29, 2009, 11:02:53 PM»
First off, chill the fuck out. I didn't say anything to anyone that deserved this random bashing on a thread that had nothing to do with asspats or being fucking shitbags. All I said was be nice. You know what that means? NOT A SHITBAG.

I've seen people intelligently critique artwork in here without, guess what? BEING A SHITBAG. It can be done. I've seen them do it.

Fuck off.

Offline Tate

«Reply #8: July 29, 2009, 11:07:13 PM»
First off, chill the fuck out. I didn't say anything to anyone that deserved this random bashing on a thread that had nothing to do with asspats or being fucking shitbags. All I said was be nice. You know what that means? NOT A SHITBAG.

I've seen people intelligently critique artwork in here without, guess what? BEING A SHITBAG. It can be done. I've seen them do it.

Fuck off.

Beat them with kindness. If they're really just trying to piss you off, smiling at them would drive them off. It actually works. Nice job, though. Feeding the fires. ur smrt. But hey, you subjected yourself to it, so it's no one's fault but your own. #SR

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #9: July 29, 2009, 11:12:49 PM»

Fuck off.

Beat them with kindness. If they're really just trying to piss you off, smiling at them would drive them off. It actually works. Nice job, though. Feeding the fires. ur smrt. But hey, you subjected yourself to it, so it's no one's fault but your own. #SR

I R SOOPAR SMRT. D8<

Well, I shouldn't have to be fending more myself. Like I've always said, I genuinely enjoy art and discussing it with people. It's an area in my life I never really got to explore and I'm learning so much day to day. I do not feel like it is necessary to seek me out and bash me simply because in another thread, which is locked and the other poster and I have made our peace (or at least I have no ill feelings), I express different viewpoints on things.

Really, this shouldn't be an issue by other posters or staff members. I'm not bothering anyone, I'm not seeking members out to pick unnecessary fights, and I'm not even trolling. I'm a member of this board because I enjoy art. So, everyone needs to just chill out and enjoy the board for what it is meant for and not for a find-and-troll-sebbi game. 

IPGD

«Reply #10: July 29, 2009, 11:14:01 PM»
Youlanda gave you legitimate advice. It was not baseless deconstructive shitbaggery, she told you what was wrong and gave suggestions as to how you could fix it. If you are really that sensitive, I don't think you should bother posting your art in public at all.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #11: July 29, 2009, 11:17:03 PM»
How is Youlanda trolling you in any way, shape, or form. o_o Not only did she give you great advice, she said nothing negative towards you as a person, NOR did she say anything intended to incite anger, etc. She even censored her post, for crying out loud.

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #12: July 29, 2009, 11:19:28 PM»
Woah, woah, woah.
I'm not talking about the critique she gave at all, so squash that though right now.

The whole "Asspat" thing, unnecessary, especially after I addressed the former post calming and rationally explaining that "nice" is not "asspat".

That's all. Not a big deal.

IPGD

«Reply #13: July 29, 2009, 11:32:15 PM»
Among the things that tell me someone isn't worth the time to critique, "be nice to me or I will throw a massive shit fit" is right up there.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #14: July 30, 2009, 12:20:46 AM»
holy fucking christ. i really think you're a fucking crazy person. so youlanda didn't give you a critique full of "omg this is so wonderful!!!!!" asspats. so you do what any logical person would do!!!!! ..have a massive shitfit? no, no this is not what you do.

i'd critique it but i can't tell what's what through your jpeg compression and theft protection, even though i seriously doubt anyone's going to steal it.

from what i /can/ make out, the light source is conflicted as fuck, moar contrast please, l2 anatomy, and some parts (ex., the hair) are pillow shaded. and what is going on with those tits, man?

Offline Zim

«Reply #15: July 30, 2009, 12:25:12 AM»
She asked for pricing, not critique. Let's keep the critique to the critique forums.

Offline Ten

«Reply #16: July 30, 2009, 05:00:26 AM»
I'd steal it.

Sookan

«Reply #17: July 30, 2009, 06:03:48 AM»
i would say 2-5, probably the lower end thereof. the details aren't very clear, and i can't judge the shading with jpg.

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #18: July 30, 2009, 09:46:24 AM»
A shitfit? The original post to the poster I was originally addressing wasn't a shitfit, it was just an explanation that you can be nice without being a shitbag. From there is useless critique on what I said to someone else.
If there's a problem with that, then that is too bad. On my other forum post with my other experimental port I had nothing but helpful advice.
It can be done. I've seen them do it.

And again, Morgan, if you had read anything after that you'd see that I clearly posted in readable letters that I was not talking about Youlanda's critique at all. The argument on that is moot and it would be useless and stupid to continue on about something that just isn't there. 

This is an older port I have moved on from. I'm just going to fix it up and give it to someone for free who doesn't have the money for a port and wants it, as I have done with countless other bits of art.  So, thank you to those who had something to actually offer.

I'd like this thread locked since anymore critique/pricing is going to be pointless. I'm giving it away.

anything