turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Price me  (Read 1417 times)

Offline daylight

Price me
«: July 19, 2009, 06:31:53 AM»
Uh, i'm kinda new to this, so please tell me if i'm violating any rule.

This is, i've been on an art break for a real long while, and now i'd like to get some commissions again -- i'm trusting you to estimate a fair price for a sketch like to one below.

I'm sorry for the lack of examples. As I said, i haven't drawn a lot lately and this I sketched up yesterday.

oh right, excuse me for the lack of legs -- i wasn't sure how to draw knees on bears.

A coloured example will be on here soon, but what do you think i could get for this if I did colour it? regardless of my not-so-great shading skills?

--

drawing a ref for my friend, here's the WIP:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:31:42 AM by cancanary »

Offline Suzy

Re: Price me
«Reply #1: July 19, 2009, 11:24:15 AM»
In my opinion, this is a very good piece. You could easily get away with $10+ for something like this. But, I'm no expert at any of this.

Offline Tate

«Reply #2: July 19, 2009, 11:43:15 AM»
oh right, excuse me for the lack of legs -- i wasn't sure how to draw knees on bears.

Bears are plantigrade. Just look at a photo of one if you're not sure. :x There's nothing wrong with reffing.

I'm no good on pricing, that was just a random comment.

Offline Sedde

«Reply #3: July 19, 2009, 04:20:44 PM»
I think the muzzle girth was what threw me off and didn't make me think "bear." The muzzle looks more canine, not ursine. Other than that this is beautiful and adorable!

For something EXACTLY like this, I'd pay about 5GD. Not much detail in here, and it isn't full-body, but it shows you have a nice style for sure.

Offline Creek

«Reply #4: July 19, 2009, 04:31:51 PM»
Its absolutely adorable!...even though I first thought it was an otter of the sort, but its still cute to be a bear! :3

Not sure what'd I'd pay, but its really good.

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: July 19, 2009, 04:39:33 PM»
oh.. i thought it was an otter haha -shot-. i bet you could easily draw a bear with a reference though.

yeah, i'd pay 5 gd for a sketch like this, maybe more depending on what else you could do.

Offline Nny

«Reply #6: July 19, 2009, 04:48:14 PM»
I... thought it was an otter, too.
It's cute, though!!

I'd have to see the colored version before I could price you on that, but for a sketch like this, I'd pay about 5gd.

Erde

«Reply #7: July 19, 2009, 10:51:10 PM»
you guys are lookin at some weird otters

But I agree with Sedde is has more of a dog-face.

Either way it's a fairly nice sketch, and I'd say 3-5GD, depending on complexity and how much is in the shot.

Offline daylight

«Reply #8: July 20, 2009, 04:46:12 PM»
thank you for the feedback! and i see how it's not very bear-ish, next time i'll use a ref, of course.

+ a new example

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #9: July 22, 2009, 04:05:59 PM»
The first one is a bit too realistic for my tastes, so I don't think I'd be very good at pricing without giving a shot-in-the-dark guess.

The second one is more to my liking. If it were heading more toward the style I prefer, I'd make the front legs a little longer. They seem to stop short and look a little...t-rex-ish, LOL. Terrible way of describing it, I'm sorry!

I guess what I should really be asking is- what style are you going for? I can take a guess, but I don't want to make any suggestions that you yourself are not leaning toward.

Sookan

«Reply #10: July 28, 2009, 03:27:00 PM»
having stared at several wolf running animations, for several hours each, i have it on good authority that the pose of the second example is inaccurate.

i like your style though. i'd pay 10~ for something like this.

anything