turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The "Right" Brain and "Left" Brain  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Suzy

The "Right" Brain and "Left" Brain
«: July 25, 2009, 11:07:48 PM»
I was cruising around Facebook when I saw that a friend of mine took the "Brain Game" Quiz. This particular person was supposedly "Right Brained". I decided to take the quiz thingy too. The "Right Brain, Left Brain" concept has always interested me.

Taken from http://www.funderstanding.com/content/right-brain-vs-left-brain

Left Brain         
Logical
Sequential   
Rational
Analytical
Objective
Looks at parts

Right Brain
Random   
Intuitive
Holistic
Synthesizing
Subjective
Looks at wholes

It said I was a "Special Whole Brain" person who can supposedly think both of these ways. (I have yet to show signs of thinking either way, lol. Or thinking at all.) Granted, this particular test has about 5, maybe 6 questions. It may not even be accurate.

Anyway. How about you? Are you "Right Brained" or "Left Brained", or "Whole Brained"? I also like to think about how thinking with either side of the brain could affect art. Let's talk about that, too.

IPGD

Re: The "Right" Brain and "Left" Brain
«Reply #1: July 25, 2009, 11:59:55 PM»
I always get left brain on these things but I'm fairly certain I'm right. I approach things in a logical way, but only because I've conditioned myself to do so. My thought patterns are probably more meta than logical. And I'm godawful at math

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #2: July 26, 2009, 12:03:56 PM»
According to nearly every one of those things I take (I'm a whore for these kinds of quizzes), I'm a whole brain if not sometimes leaning to the left.

I don't know how to put this into perspective with my life. I was an AB student until my senior year when I got an A in everything. I took three literature AP classes in highschool, aced Pre-college Algebra, and then when I actually went to college and hopped into the Algebra class that had nothing but word problems, I developed a happy little D. D: Part of that was my teacher who didn't want to give any of her students the time of day...but like I said, I don't know how to put this into perspective!

Then we flip around to my college Chemistry classes where I had nothing but word problems and I aced them D: I loved it so much I volunteered my time and money for yet another round! Omg organic Chem <333 But that teacher was AWESOME.

As for art, and I'm TOTALLY talking out of my ass with this, I guess it kind of makes some sense that I'm a whole brain? A part of me just rides out my drawings, but another part of me takes into account certain anatomical configurations with leniency toward variations. Sometimes I'll just go with what 'feels right'.

Offline Sync

«Reply #3: July 26, 2009, 03:11:44 PM»
i always get right brain.

Offline MT

• This is the most sober I've ever been in an airport.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • FA

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary
«Reply #4: July 26, 2009, 03:34:11 PM»
I usually get left brain, but lately when i take those types of quizzes i've been getting right more often.

Offline Tate

«Reply #5: July 26, 2009, 07:30:26 PM»
Apparently I'm more right side, but I've been called very technical in a lot of things i do, especially in art. Such as the 'looking at parts' instead of as a whole. I focus in on tiny things.

Offline Electric Guitar

«Reply #6: July 26, 2009, 08:00:57 PM»
I'm definatley righ brained. I fail horribley at problem solving and math, but I'm great with creative things like art and writing.

Offline Suzy

«Reply #7: July 26, 2009, 10:35:11 PM»
Apparently I'm more right side, but I've been called very technical in a lot of things i do, especially in art. Such as the 'looking at parts' instead of as a whole. I focus in on tiny things.

That's why I think that being "whole brained" would be extremely beneficial to art. That way, you can focus on both the overall image and the technical things that make an image truly great. I have a lot of brain nurturing to do! >_>;

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #8: July 27, 2009, 01:08:10 PM»
I took a giant quiz thing in school to see what side of the brain I was. I ended up getting left side which is really weird. o-o nothing on the left side describes me at all. I was terrible at math,  I'm very random and illogical, and I never think about what I do before I do it. My teacher even said it was weird x) But ehhh. I never trust those kind of quizzes.

Offline Eevee

«Reply #9: July 27, 2009, 02:36:21 PM»
I use my right brain according to the first 12 quizzes I could find on google that weren't repeats I took lol

Offline Axelle

«Reply #10: November 14, 2009, 02:51:24 PM»
I took..

http://www.web-us.com/BRAIN/braindominance.htm

And I ended up getting 10 questions for my right side and 8 questions for my left side.

I think I'm not as balanced as I could be, which is most likely my problem with anatomy and the such.
But I'm right handed with a right sided brain dominance.

The only thing that doesn't fit me is that I'm not a random thinker, I'm also more for following rules mostly due to having to follow them in school. I have no other choice. But I am right brained in the fact that I suck at keeping track of my homework and status.
But I've been working on this..
Not usually on furcadia a lot.

Offline Arley

«Reply #11: November 14, 2009, 03:06:10 PM»
I took..

http://www.web-us.com/BRAIN/braindominance.htm

And I ended up getting 10 questions for my right side and 8 questions for my left side.

I think I'm not as balanced as I could be, which is most likely my problem with anatomy and the such.
But I'm right handed with a right sided brain dominance.

The only thing that doesn't fit me is that I'm not a random thinker, I'm also more for following rules mostly due to having to follow them in school. I have no other choice. But I am right brained in the fact that I suck at keeping track of my homework and status.
But I've been working on this..
I took the same quiz and I got 0 right and 18 left. o.o Is that bad? lol

Offline Sedde

«Reply #12: November 15, 2009, 06:45:37 PM»
I'm whole brain, left-leaning. Makes sense...I use the right side of my body for practically everything and am very analytical in most everything I do. :B

Offline binkari

«Reply #13: November 15, 2009, 09:22:17 PM»
The most accurate test I took was the "which way is the dancer spinning" one. The results: I'm left-brain before noon, and right-brain after that, unless I have a glass of milk, in which case I'm whole-brain. But what I meant to say is that I don't think these tests are accurate given that psychology and neurobiology still are nascent sciences.

I also imagine that a lot of people who are bad at math just didn't really apply themselves. I know that was the case for me.