turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Canine crit  (Read 906 times)

Offline HookahKitty

Canine crit
«: July 26, 2009, 05:44:17 PM»
I have always had trouble drawing muzzles and while I like the outcome of this drawing something still seems off.
I'm going for a semi-realistic headshot and any critique on this sketch would be great.

I wouldn't mind a 'red-line'  if something seems off, but prefer another color xD

Offline Heimdall

Re: Canine crit
«Reply #1: July 29, 2009, 11:23:58 PM»
Its left eye is too high--drop that down a bit. And its right ear is off--like it's extending too far over to the left side of the pic. Try shortening it a bit. I don't see much wrong with the muzzle itself, but I'm no expert.

Offline Sebbi

«Reply #2: July 30, 2009, 09:59:23 AM»
Overall, I like it! It's a better canine than what I can do, lol!

So Semi-realistic? Alright! It does have sort of cartoon-ish qualities to it, which I am a personal fan of.

The side of the neck that arches does bulge out a bit far. I think shaving it down a little would help.

I love the ears.

One eyes is a bit higher than the other.

This may just be me, so if this is just a part of your style and the way you like things, ignore this part. The head seems kind of flat/small on top. I think this is where a picture of a realistic wolf can come in handy since you're going for semi-realistic. I've peeked around the web by googling 'wolf' and was able to find good examples, but if you need some posted, I can definitely help!

Offline Tain

«Reply #3: July 30, 2009, 03:10:53 PM»
redline thing..
I'm not the best at canines but hopefully this helps~

anything