turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

(Re)Add a downloads section?

Yes
11 (91.7%)
No
0 (0%)
Don't care
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Community Questions and update on Oekaki Boards  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Narnia

Community Questions and update on Oekaki Boards
«: August 20, 2009, 12:54:24 PM»
Hopefully the problems I am experiencing will be resovled before the end of the weekend. Once I get them fixed we should have fully functional blogs and Oekaki boards. =)

I'm interested in knowing though, should I return the download section to the site for people to share patches, dreams, ports, etc.? (I should be able to restore all of the old downloads I removed.) Let me know your thoughts!

Until then, recent changes:
-Added blogs (there may still be some unresolved errors that you may encounter.)
-Blogs and gallery images will only show in your profile if you have a blog written or images uploaded
-Links to your gallery will only appear in your forums posts and profile if you have images uploaded
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Eevee

Re: Community Questions and update on Oekaki Boards
«Reply #1: August 20, 2009, 01:43:00 PM»
I honestly liked the downloads section but its kind of wimpy and not as used as Roamheart.

Maybe we could discuss an affiliation between the two and feature a link to each other?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: August 20, 2009, 01:47:30 PM»
I do not believe that Roamheart is interested.

However, I'll be using a different download mod this time to make things a bit nicer. I might do a montly drawing for like some cash or something to encourage posting in it.
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Sync

«Reply #3: August 20, 2009, 02:47:43 PM»
i would like the downloads back anddd would do stuff for it if it was readded.
however, if it's put back, i would like there to be like, a preview image or some sort to see the patch before you click it. that was my only real problem with it before.
search option would be nice but it wouldn't stop me from putting stuff up in it.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #4: August 20, 2009, 03:42:26 PM»
Youlie, I'll double check on all those features.

Sync, I believe that is included, but I will double check.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #5: August 20, 2009, 07:30:59 PM»
The new download system would be able to be broken into subcategories (patches, ports, etc.. And further down if needed), will include preview pictures (you can add more than one), will be searchable, and will be sortable by file title, rating, number of downloads, etc.

Offline Farren

«Reply #6: August 20, 2009, 07:57:15 PM»
I'd like to see the downloads section re-added, too.
While a preview image of patches before you click on them is nice, it could prove a problem for those of us with slower connections. Maybe some way to make the previews shrink down to a small size so they don't take forever to load when you go to take a look at what new patches have been added (or to add a new submission)

As for incentive to get people to use it, cash is indeed a good idea, but might not be always available. Maybe offer subscriptions as prizes instead? Save things like cash and even digo prizes for special promotion type contests or somethin.
Fishberries.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #7: August 20, 2009, 08:02:30 PM»
The previews will be small and can be blown up with highslide, just like the gallery works now.

IPGD

«Reply #8: August 20, 2009, 09:34:55 PM»
I like this. Publicize it, too, because Roamheart is a messy slop pit with a godawful interface and I would love to use something actually navigable

Offline Narnia

«Reply #9: August 20, 2009, 09:51:14 PM»
I would love to just take every download they have on their site and mirror it here, but I think that might involve some copyright violations. I'll have to think about it. Maybe I'll try and contact a ton of artists on there and encourage them to cross post.

Black Rain

«Reply #10: August 21, 2009, 09:06:48 AM»
I like this. Publicize it, too, because Roamheart is a messy slop pit with a godawful interface and I would love to use something actually navigable

That is something I agree on.
Romeheart could do with a major upgraid.
It's not as organized as it should be.

But, I was wondering about the FAZ downloads, would others be allowed to upload copyright items such as Chocobo item or, player patch, or, Kingdom Hearts avatars or such?

Offline Tate

«Reply #11: August 21, 2009, 09:16:02 AM»
I'd gladly put my ugly little unicorn edit on here. Lolol not that it's used anymore OUTSIDE OF FURN. (It has thongs instead of giant ugly loinclothes lololol)

... Would be funny if people edited it into something nicer. I'll never go back and work on it. </muttering>

IPGD

«Reply #12: August 21, 2009, 09:40:04 AM»
But, I was wondering about the FAZ downloads, would others be allowed to upload copyright items such as Chocobo item or, player patch, or, Kingdom Hearts avatars or such?
I don't see why we wouldn't be? It's the same as any other kind of fan art.

... and speaking of FurN, will I be able to upload my penis avatar?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #13: August 21, 2009, 10:03:27 AM»

I don't see why not.

@Matter
Possibly. We'll see. Probably with no preview image though. Maybe just a link to one.

Black Rain

«Reply #14: August 21, 2009, 06:36:28 PM»
If you are going to upload rated R things, how about a strict warning that mentions that, the patch is Rated R material. That way, if they download it, They where warned a head of time.
Maybe a separate section for rated R patches so they don't get mixed in with everything else?

Offline Narnia

«Reply #15: August 21, 2009, 08:38:15 PM»
We won't allow them at first, but I'll see what I can do in the future.

anything