turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Patch Archive NOW OPEN!  (Read 2161 times)

Offline Narnia

Patch Archive NOW OPEN!
«: August 23, 2009, 10:05:11 AM»
The FAZ Patch Archive is now open! You can view it by clicking the downloads button in the to menu bar or by visit http://archive.furcartzone.com.

I would like to thank all of the artists who have allowed me to load their patches into the archives for its grand opening and I would like to encourage everyone to submit all of the public patches to the database.

The basic rules for the database are as follows:

1.   All work submitted must be your own work and contain proper credits if you have edited other public work.
2.   All work submitted must have a preview image or your submissions with be unapproved. (Exception to be made for the DS category.)

Everything submitted is subject to review by the staff, but work will not be judged on quality and all works are welcome.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing your feedback and hope that you will all come to love the new archive. Make sure you check out the search feature and its ease of use.

(If you were an artist that allowed me to upload your patch for you and the patch is not linked to your account, please send me a PM with the link to the download and I will change it for you immediately. Also, please let me know if I have mis-credited anyone or uploaded something to the wrong category. Thanks!)

If you want to be the first to know about site announcements, make sure you follow us on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/FurcadiaArtZone
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:13:44 AM by Narnia »
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Black Rain

Re: Patch Archive NOW OPEN!
«Reply #1: August 23, 2009, 03:47:12 PM»
I transferred all my patches from my Deviantat to the archive here on FAZ.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #2: August 23, 2009, 04:20:25 PM»
Thanks! We appreciate it!
"The views expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of the Furcadia Art Zone, Dragon's Eye Production, or Furcadia."

Offline Narnia

«Reply #3: August 25, 2009, 10:00:13 AM»
So I haven't heard a ton of feedback on this? Do people like it?

Let me know your suggestions, comments, feedback. Like it or hate it, I want to know.

Offline Sealeo

«Reply #4: August 25, 2009, 10:48:22 AM»
Excellent, excellent! This will definitely bring more traffic to the website, too!

Offline Narnia

«Reply #5: August 25, 2009, 10:53:16 AM»
Now if only I could get people to load their own patches there.

(I've still got hundreds of patches to load into the archive myself..)

IPGD

«Reply #6: August 25, 2009, 01:40:56 PM»
Would it be possible to add something like the post history/gallery for patches to the user profiles, so that you could browse patches by author? "Posted by" is an option in the search, but you need a keyword and there doesn't seem to be another way to check what a person has uploaded aside from going through every category one by one.

Offline Narnia

«Reply #7: August 25, 2009, 01:57:16 PM»
I'm a step ahead of you Matter. I've already requested that the Mod Author include this for me. The list is already there, there is just no link to get to it. For example all my files can be seen at http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=myfiles;u=1

and

Kain's are at http://www.furcartzone.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=myfiles;u=121

Etc.

I also will work on putting a box in the user profiles like we have for the galleries now.

IPGD

«Reply #8: August 25, 2009, 02:03:40 PM»
most excellent

i shall use this devillish trickery to continue my arduous campaign to RATE EVERYTHING WITH ONE STAR

Offline Narnia

«Reply #9: August 25, 2009, 02:12:54 PM»
I also want a list all function like the gallery has for all downloads in order of most rated, most recent, etc.