turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Resizing walkabouts using PS CS4  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Victoria Brown

Resizing walkabouts using PS CS4
«: September 04, 2009, 05:03:40 PM»
How do I make an avatar/walkabout smaller using Adobe Photoshop CS4 without distorting the lines and colour scale?
24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day -- coincidence?... I don't think so.

IPGD

Re: Resizing walkabouts using PS CS4
«Reply #1: September 04, 2009, 05:25:29 PM»
The only way I know of off the top of my head is if you resize it in free transform, screenshot the results and work off that instead of letting the resize algorithm run upon accepting the transform changes. You can move the rotary point and get the outside edges away from the actual part you want to resize by dropping some stray pixels on the same layer a ways away from the main figure.

There may be a better way, but I've never bothered to look for it.

Offline Victoria Brown

«Reply #2: September 05, 2009, 12:09:04 PM»
I'm completely new to PS so I have no idea what you just said. Could you please explain in lamens terms and/or with the use of pictures. (I'm a visual learner.)

IPGD

«Reply #3: September 05, 2009, 12:50:34 PM»
I use CS3 but it should be the same in 4:

Click the pictures for a bigger resolution

and before anyone asks about the god damn color wheel since someone asks about the god damn color wheel every time i post a screenshot of my photoshop, http://cghub.com/scripts/view/74

Offline Victoria Brown

«Reply #4: September 05, 2009, 04:49:09 PM»
Not working. Everytime I resize the image, it gets blurred and the colours are distorted.

IPGD

«Reply #5: September 05, 2009, 05:16:38 PM»
Are you applying the transform or does it appear that way even before you apply the transform? The whole point is screenshotting the image before you apply the transform (that is, before you click away from the image and accept the dialog that asks you whether or not you want to apply the transform). It should look exactly like my third image when you take the screenshot, and it will be automatically antialiased if you apply the transform, which is what you're not supposed to do. I went and checked to see if it was different on CS4, and it's not.

Offline Victoria Brown

«Reply #6: September 08, 2009, 05:26:18 AM»
Yes, I have been screen shotting it.

IPGD

«Reply #7: September 08, 2009, 08:41:58 AM»
Post it here so I can see what's going wrong.

Offline Heimdall

«Reply #8: September 08, 2009, 08:42:13 AM»
Rather than screenshot it, go to Edit > Preferences > General > Image Interpolation. Choose "Nearest Neighbor (preserve hard edges)" from that drop-down list. Then you should have no problem with it getting blurry when you accept the transformation. However, you'll need to do a LOT of cleanup afterwards. This may help: http://entwinedscylla.deviantart.com/art/Furcadia-Tutorial-Resizing-69895046

Offline Victoria Brown

«Reply #9: September 23, 2009, 01:17:51 PM»
Thanks for the help! ^^

anything