turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Trooperr/Nixt WARNING!  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Death the Kid

Trooperr/Nixt WARNING!
«: October 02, 2009, 07:35:42 PM»
ok, long story short, we gave this guy a chance to do things gently and instead she(?) repeatedly denied theft. so, here we are, doing it the hard way, true to a thief's style!

FTR: the artist, Viper/Arbok, is not okay with this theft and actually tackled the thief in person.

To the left, Trooperr's port, the shamelessly copied image. To the right, the original (and beautiful) portrait.

the lovely Scribblenaut, a completely unrelated third party, did this magnificent overlay for us.

Trooperr/Nixt kept thrusting her alleged "ref" excuse towards us, claiming that the image she referenced was from the Lion King:
http://www.lionking.org/~tlkpride/images/screencaptures/relaxing.jpg

we brought her to PokeParadise to plead her case. THIS monstrosity is what happened (logs courtesy of Viper/Arbok, the artist):
Nixt: my computers old x.x
You say, "The person who alerted me to this pose theft was kind enough to give me this comparison http://i37.tinypic.com/66w6l4.png"
You say, "Your port looks nothing like http://www.lionking.org/~tlkpride/images/screencaptures/relaxing.jpg"
You say, "but it certainly looks like the one holly and I created with no refrence"
Hatsune Miku: it's a completely different pose
You say, "Down to the angle of the face"
Nixt: But i swear, i used tlk.
You say, "Which inclues the boxed, uptilted muzzle and your sad attempt at half circle eyes"
You say, "Now anybody who's awake, what do you think: ref'd from the port of the lion king?"

You say, "I was given logs, yo"
Nixt: Where did you get this?
Kiyichichi: port.
Nixt: Lemme see.
Hatsune Miku: you should say please, sir
You say, """ Trooperr: SELLING, Ports. Twice as good as the one i have. Whisper nixt, and or Evore!! " And then when I was talking to my group about them when they walked by and posted their ad for a BaH, they replied with this before leaving the map entirely: " Luxio: gross Luxio: its the port copier Trooperr:  and wich port did i copy? " "

You say, "refrencing a pose that hard core is wrong"
You say, "it is unethical in this game"
You say, "If you wanted a portrait that looked like that you should have scrounged up the thirty bucks and bought it from us"
You say, "I originally intended to ignore this"
Crobat: Oh damn it. Way to die on me, multi links.
You say, "but I got multiple people coming to me worried about my art having been stolen"
You say, "people with no contact between each other"
You say, "It is that blarringly obvious that you copied"
Nixt: Nope.
Nixt: didnt.
Hatsune Miku: uh
Hatsune Miku: hate to break it to you but
Hatsune Miku: yes.
Hatsune Miku: you did.
Hatsune Miku: sorry if this is news to you
Hatsune Miku: but it's the truth
Scribblenaut: The nose is in the same exact position
Scribblenaut: The face has been widened to accomidate the eyes
Crobat hide behind Juk.
You say, "eyes which you made an attempt to look like the eyes in the original"
You say, "but, to be frank, failed terribly at"
You say, "There are differences."
You say, "Probably differences you made to avoid suspicion to no avail"
You say, "Furcadia sees a lot of this unfortuanetly"
Hatsune Miku: the vine the wolf is leaning on is in the same position as the one in viper's port, only it's been slanted upwards to look less ripped

After posting private whispers from a Guardian, she decided to rage-quit:
Nixt: (17:13:07) [WRONGFULLY POSTED WHISPER LOG]
Crobat: ....hi chinawall.
Hatsune Miku: you're not allowed to post whispers
Scribblenaut: Only difference I see are the leg and arm positions
Hatsune Miku: if you use the ignore command on us, there will be countless others
Hatsune Miku: because there WILL be a FAZ thread.
You say, "OK posting private whisper logs is against furcadia rules"
Nixt: all ignored, have a good night.

and here is a chunk of whisper log we have permission to share:
(19:25:40) Viper: So I do or don't have permission to share logs?
(19:26:08) Trooperr: Only the cleared part
(19:26:36) Trooperr: btw, how much are you're commisions?
(19:32:03) Trooperr: whisper nixt, trooper is having issues connecting
(19:19:48) Trooperr: i'm having my space cleared. sorry for any inconvienance you have beutiful art, i admire that. I did not heavily trace/reff/use in any shape of form. I did ref off of lion king and another lion king pose.

allegedly, she's unloading the port, but she still denies tracing. In any event, if you see her around with the port still on, please let us know!

thank you everyone who wants to help, is helping, and has helped already. <3

Offline kenzy

Re: Trooperr/Nixt WARNING!
«Reply #1: October 02, 2009, 11:56:29 PM»
i dont see how the ports look similar. but thats just me. i think it looks like the tlk picture but there are similarities. you can't help that, and it's a pose that is most likely used a lot by some people
poses get more and more hard to get creative with
and with coincidences like this where they look "similar" and the person is denying that they traced the port in question it can look fishy.
im not trying to defend the person, im just saying that it could just be a coincidence. you cant own poses.
---
plus someone could say that you just traced some pieces of the tlk picture for you own port. and you could deny that. its all just a bunch of talkity talk unless you've got cold hard proof. like sketches of port
but then if they dont have sketches then bah they could be a thief. but i dont keep sketches of my own ports so yeah.
sorry i'm rambling and it's late and im sleepy.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 11:58:29 PM by Faeliteas »

Offline Pocketmew

«Reply #2: October 03, 2009, 12:08:36 AM»
The layover is very misleading. Comparing the two without the layover really just shows the differences in the two. Seeing as the characters are exactly the same I would think this was really heavily referenced if anything from your friend's portrait not TLK. I mean if it was a lion from tlk or any other species I could understand the coincidence.

Offline Suzy

«Reply #3: October 03, 2009, 03:53:33 PM»
This doesn't look like theft to me. Maybe heavy, uncredited reference, but not theft.

Offline Dolly

«Reply #4: October 03, 2009, 04:49:04 PM»
I think once again this just comes down to that there are only so many ways to draw something in a 95x95 space and trends are bound to repeat.  If the cat's body-type, face, paw position, tail position, anything were identical to the Holly port, then I'd agree that they traced and shouldn't sell the port or whatever they were trying to do with it.

HOWEVER, at this juncture because of the differences in the general look of the cat, I would assume that they are telling the truth when they say they referenced the Lion King picture.

And while I understand that you were angry, I don't think the ad hominem towards the other person in the logs was necessary.

Offline Creek

«Reply #5: October 03, 2009, 05:33:52 PM»
There is no way to 'steal' a pose, since there are so many things you can actually do anatomically correct with the body. I dont think this is a theft at all. If at anything, it's referenced. There was no need to be that hostile with the person. This could have been handled maturely.

I had to zoom in close into the picture. Not even 10% of the lines match up. This is not theft. I think personally it looks more reffed off of TLK image.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:36:10 PM by Ostara »

Offline ADALEINE

«Reply #6: October 03, 2009, 06:16:29 PM»
I agree with just about everyone else.

The only things similar in this port are a black cat and vines. 

This thread is going to be locked; if anyone feels that I'm in the wrong, please PM me (mods can unlock it), but I see no theft here.

anything