turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Just somebody looking for serious/professional critique.  (Read 1177 times)

Offline /gage/

Just somebody looking for serious/professional critique.
«: November 03, 2009, 06:26:17 PM»
Ever since I could pick up a pencil I've been doodling and sketching out little scenes and stories, illustrating books I've read, and eventually moving on to ports and ferals as I drew closer and closer into the "furry" fandom.

Now that I'm here and somewhat established as an artist, I feel it would no longer be a waste of time to ask for some serious critiques. Most of the people IRL I've asked have just offered me some serious ass-kissing, so I'll state right now that I am not looking for a plethora of compliments and not even necessarily "nice" comments. I can tell when somebody is sugar coating something and more likely than not I will ignore this and you will have wasted your time.

I'm looking for serious, in-depth critique. I will not personally attack you for your opinion and I will not take an personal offense from anything you say. I will not HATE U FOREVS OMG for posting here, I will not act immature at all. I do ask that in return for my cooperation that critiques posted here remain constructive, as I have no interest in vague comments. My style does not have perfect anatomy in the least, do NOT feel scared to critique my style as well! I appreciate any critique on anything art-related pertaining to myself. Thank you.
I went ahead and provided quite a few examples that are not in my FAZ gallery (as I am not really looking for portrait critiques, my ports are all photo referenced and I don't especially take them seriously), including some human pictures. Feel free to skip any of these pictures if you don't have anything to say. Please click the thumbnails to see the full-sized pictures, thanks again.

EXAMPLES:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:46:39 PM by Koicat! »

Offline Grumpyskunk

Re: Just somebody looking for serious/professional critique.
«Reply #1: November 30, 2009, 11:05:21 PM»
I'll give this a shot. I'm looking at, the dog sitting in the bar with the blue shirt and the first thing that stands out to me is that I can't really differentiate the muzzle from the neck. I realize his head is supposed to be down and somewhat angled but it looks as though he's trying to push his muzzle through his neck to me and I believe it's angled a little too much or there's a little "too much" neck, I don't know you'll have to ask a more experienced artist than I xD

With the arms, the one holding his head up is creepilly skinny and looks a lot thinner than the one holding his knee.

His clothes look like they don't fit on his shoulders all that well, like they're made of cardboard instead of fabric and it doesn't seem like it hangs like (apparently) baggy clothes should unless his sholders are up and square shaped o.o. I also can't tell if he's happy or sad :/ I'll look at it once and he looks happy and I'll look at it again a few second later and he looks sad. That could just be me though.

Hope that makes sense and helps? xD
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:07:47 PM by Maromi37 »

Offline /gage/

«Reply #2: December 01, 2009, 12:00:18 AM»
It does, thanks :)

Offline Taser

«Reply #3: February 28, 2010, 02:53:32 PM»
I'll crit the cat by the gas pump. Most of this is pretty good, but one thing that instantly came to my attention is the hands of the cat, to me there isn't any clear differentiation between what part is the paw and what part is the arm , I'm not sure what it is that's making them that way, though. That's literally pretty much it considering your style of art. Sorry if this wasn't enough x(
I rike to maek myserufu beriieeeeeve~