turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Port artist Sar?  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Thomas

Port artist Sar?
«: December 13, 2009, 09:55:00 PM»
Does anyone know anything about Sar's port commission status or anything?

I don't really want to bash, but this is ridiculous, she has, many, many commissions, even some from back may, and still have gotten no art.

I have gotten my port sketch from her a few months back, but thats the last I have heard from her.

I had talked to her a while back on furcadia, and she said she would get my port done because she doesn't want to talk to me, but still nothing.

Her dA is www.ampton.deviantart.co m.

Post here,
or if you have any information about this and would like to privately discuss this, email me [email protected] [email protected]

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:56:46 PM by Thomas »
im a zhu zhu freak.
Shane in game.

Offline LSD

Re: Port artist Sar?
«Reply #1: December 15, 2009, 07:30:10 AM»
did you read her journal entry? if she plain just doesn't want to talk to you anymore, is it something more than her just slacking? journal says to note, so i would note her.

Offline Thomas

«Reply #2: December 15, 2009, 10:12:34 AM»
i've noted her, and talked to her in game, and still hasn't gotten back to me, its been a month or two.
im a zhu zhu freak.
Shane in game.

Offline lunaforever17

«Reply #3: December 15, 2009, 04:51:23 PM»
I also requested a port from Sar. I paid her $15 via paypal and gave her what I wanted. She said she'd get right on it.  I requested it from her in July...it's December and I haven't gotten anything back from her.  In October I asked for a refund from her because I'm in a money predicament...she said alright, and I still haven't heard from her.  I'm appalled that she's doing this, especially since I worked with her in a dream and often tried to talk to her.  I never got snippy with her, and I'm a very patient person.  I do plan on noting her immediately, because I'm tired of waiting. It's been almost 6 months...:\  I wouldn't recommend people looking for art to use Sar. You'll most likely not get your port or your money back.

Offline Kayt

«Reply #4: December 15, 2009, 06:37:14 PM»
"Sar" and I used to be friends. :3 She tends to take her time and put them off as late as possible. This isn't uncommon of her. We're no longer friends but I doubt she'd be scamming. Normally when I wanted mine done, i'd pester her until it was done / being worked on.

She plays Oscar and Sober in-game. I quit and haven't been on in a bit so she may have changed, but I some how doubt it.

Here is her alt list. :3 -- http://altmarket.net/?action=altlist;area=owned;owner=6218

EDIT:: Seems a lot of people are displeased with lil miss sar! If you read her DA comments, quite a few people want a refund.

~IamGodzillayourJapan Aug 28, 2009, 2:06:02 AM
Ok last i heard i was getting paid back. Its been over nine months now.

I want my money back.

~HollenHeist Oct 27, 2009, 9:10:01 AM
Seeing as it's been two months since I asked for my ports in a timely manner I'm going to simply ask that you find a way to refund me or I'm posting this to fam and the Artists beware community on LJ. This is absurd, it's been a year and you've done nothing for my commission.

Instead you found the time to do plenty of personal ports and art. Take many other commissions and then vanish.

I want a refund.

Last time she was on was 2 weeks ago, so hopefully she's seen these upset comments and refunded.
Good luck getting your refund/portrait. Whichever way you go!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:56:13 PM by Kayt »

Offline Asian

«Reply #5: December 20, 2009, 01:26:30 AM»
I also commissioned her back during the summer. At first I just commissioned her for a ref and that was it. Then she was in need of some money/spaces for an alt she was interested in, and me being my stupid self, I offered to help her out to be nice. She said she'd pay me back by drawing a port for me and Kristen.

Here we are several months later and I haven't heard another word about it. I've asked her friends to contact her for me and just keep getting that she's busy. I think with school and everything. Not sure if that's still the case?

And as for her taking time on her commissions like Kayt said, she really did. I think it took a month, maybe longer, for her to finish my ref for Kristen and Britney. I had to constantly bother her to see progress about it. She gave me a time limit which I was expecting, then it just turned into day after day and no progress. I may be wrong, but I think an artist should let people know if it's going to be longer than expected rather than having them wait and wait for it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 01:45:00 AM by Britney »

Offline Rex T-Rex

«Reply #6: December 20, 2009, 01:38:26 PM»
This is why I never take money up front. Only after the art is done, likewise I suggest not to pay someone until you know the art is done.
Visit my site-> http://rext-rex.webs.com

currently have alts on sale! http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=31876.msg468272#msg468272

I am adorifying!

Offline Kayt

«Reply #7: December 21, 2009, 07:26:01 PM»
I also commissioned her back during the summer. At first I just commissioned her for a ref and that was it. Then she was in need of some money/spaces for an alt she was interested in, and me being my stupid self, I offered to help her out to be nice. She said she'd pay me back by drawing a port for me and Kristen.

Here we are several months later and I haven't heard another word about it. I've asked her friends to contact her for me and just keep getting that she's busy. I think with school and everything. Not sure if that's still the case?

And as for her taking time on her commissions like Kayt said, she really did. I think it took a month, maybe longer, for her to finish my ref for Kristen and Britney. I had to constantly bother her to see progress about it. She gave me a time limit which I was expecting, then it just turned into day after day and no progress. I may be wrong, but I think an artist should let people know if it's going to be longer than expected rather than having them wait and wait for it.

^ This is all correct, when referring to the "wait." She tends to give you a time limit or no more than a few days / week and normally it takes a few months. I've posted this on her DA, although I don't think she's seen it due to her not posting.

If you're worried about possible scamming or not getting returned money I'd contact the guardians. Even if they can't help, it'd be nice for them to know what's going on. As I stated above, I no longer play Furcadia so I can't help you track her down but last I saw, she was FOR SURE on the alt Oscar. Her "best friend" plays the alts Josiff, Eve and some other bullshit. I'd try contacting her friend. At least to see what's up.

Good Luck!

Offline Juliet

«Reply #8: December 25, 2009, 01:30:13 AM»

^ This is all correct, when referring to the "wait." She tends to give you a time limit or no more than a few days / week and normally it takes a few months. I've posted this on her DA, although I don't think she's seen it due to her not posting.

If you're worried about possible scamming or not getting returned money I'd contact the guardians. Even if they can't help, it'd be nice for them to know what's going on. As I stated above, I no longer play Furcadia so I can't help you track her down but last I saw, she was FOR SURE on the alt Oscar. Her "best friend" plays the alts Josiff, Eve and some other bullshit. I'd try contacting her friend. At least to see what's up.

Good Luck!

Siera/Eve/Aiden has nothing to do with this and knows just about as much as we do.

I personally wouldn't contact her as she has no idea what's going on either.

Let's not drag an innocent third party into this.

Offline Hoot

«Reply #9: December 25, 2009, 01:40:09 AM»
Kayt's wrong.  As Juliet said, refrain from making any contact to Josiff/Eve she has absolutely no relevance to the situation. She may be her friend, but she still shouldn't have to be the one to put up for someone else's slacking - especially when an apparent good lot of people are having issues with Sar.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 03:24:15 PM by Hoot »

Offline Juliet

«Reply #10: December 26, 2009, 03:23:13 PM»
Last I heard from Sar, she's having some medical issues or she's busy with school, something of that nature. That's about all we know at the moment. If I happen to see her come online as she's a frequent guest in a dream I go into, I'll point her to this thread to hopefully give some answers.

Offline Kayt

«Reply #11: December 26, 2009, 04:55:04 PM»
Josiff was only brought into this because she always knows something. I'm not saying attack her, I'm saying contact her and ask if she knows were sar is.

ne ways. im done posting here. :3 good luck getting your money back!!

Offline Bindi

«Reply #12: December 27, 2009, 08:52:23 PM»
I didn't really want to get into this.
However I knew as much as you guys did, and this hassss came to my attention.

Sar's been absent with school etc (I haven't even talked to her until recently). She's busy, even to have the casualties of chatting with friends. I know it's hardly an excuse, but it explains the absence.

She's gotten a new computer (honestly I had no clue until yesterday and the day before. we weren't talking.) and is setting things up. Just go to her DA she has a new journal:

www.ampton.deviantart.co m

just post refs and what you commissioned, or post how much she owes you in which currency if you want a refund.
This isn't a scam, she just took too many commissions and it accumulated from laziness.
She told me last night shes going to try and find time to do stuff over break, and it may even take as long as spring break (or if shes free from education etc).

I just need the time to get everything I need off my old computer and onto this new one, or atleast to where I can access it onto this new one. I'll be able to work on things after school on some days that I get done with homework early or don't have any, and sometimes on weekends more often if nothing comes up. -Sar

please don't contact me on faz, in-game, etc about this. I only did what I could.

Offline Juliet

«Reply #13: December 28, 2009, 08:29:08 AM»
Josiff was only brought into this because she always knows something. I'm not saying attack her, I'm saying contact her and ask if she knows were sar is.

ne ways. im done posting here. :3 good luck getting your money back!!

That doesn't mean you go and send people off to her. Making assumptions won't get you anywhere.