turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: price?  (Read 1468 times)

Darien

• Topic Author
price?
«: December 30, 2009, 10:37:13 AM»
Alright, so I posed on the furc forums requesting feedback on pricing and got all of two replies wherein I was given a range of 15-25. All things considered i'm currently advertising at 10-15 for remaps and 15-20 for non-remaps, I'd like opinions on whether or not that's a fair range based upon the examples provided and if not what would you suggest?:

Remaps
Recent <---->  Older

Non-Remaps
Recent <---> Older
[/]

Offline Sedde

Re: price?
«Reply #1: December 30, 2009, 11:32:10 AM»
Let me know if you're ok with crit.
5-10 for remaps, 15 for nonremaps.

Darien

• Topic Author
«Reply #2: December 30, 2009, 11:37:20 AM»
crit is always appreciated =^_^=

Offline Sedde

«Reply #3: December 30, 2009, 03:56:14 PM»
In general, I don't find your shading very appealing. :( In the remaps, the cat in the middle just seems flat (especially because there is no cast shadow on the grass, nor is there a cast shadow between the paw and the chest), and I can't for the life of me figure out the light source in the dragon one.

As for your non-remaps, I like them more for some reason...but the first one seems overly dodgy-burny and her neck tendons are misplaced (is that a hint of an Adam's apple I see?), and the last one is much too flat. Again, with the feral, there's no shadow interaction with the background.

The hair on all of them that have hair is beautiful, so I'm sure you've spent more time working on that than other things. :P Your shading is smooth and well-intentioned, it just needs a little help in its direction. You're on the right track when it comes to port-making.

Darien

• Topic Author
«Reply #4: December 31, 2009, 01:25:04 AM»
Perhaps I should've said I don't mind crit so long as it's constructive crit. not things like 'bitch has an addams apple'.. which she doesnt. and 'your shading sucks' to paraphrase.

While I do appreciate the reply and SOME of your crit, such as the need to work on shadows and light-sources, i think i can do without the insults.

My fault for openly allowing crit without thinking first. I think perhaps should there be any further replies on this thread- that i can do without the crit- as the point of this thread is to price quality- not tell me how much I suck.

That said- as far as pricing goes it should be noted that from left to right there's about a 5 to 6 month difference between the times each port was done. I have done a few newer remaps but it's probably best i not post them here.

Offline Sync

«Reply #5: December 31, 2009, 02:58:01 AM»
Perhaps I should've said I don't mind crit so long as it's constructive crit. not things like 'bitch has an addams apple'.. which she doesnt. and 'your shading sucks' to paraphrase.
where did she say that...

Joel

• Topic Author
«Reply #6: December 31, 2009, 04:18:20 AM»
i agree, 5-10 for remaps is a good price for remaps, perhaps 7? and i also agree with 15 for nonremaps being a decent price, maybe slightly lower?

but to be honest, that's pleasant crit compared to a lot i've seen. don't expect people to be like "the shading isn't too great on <that one> BUT ITS OKAY BECAUSE THE LINEART REALLY MAKES UP FOR IT =DDDDDDDDDD". she was pretty constructive, she pointed out specific things to work on other than saying; "that sucks". and her third paragraph was full of compliments.

Offline Suzy

«Reply #7: December 31, 2009, 04:31:31 AM»
I pretty much agree with everyone.

As for critique, I'm not going to say "LOL DON'T BE SUCH A WUSS", but I consider what you got to be very, very tame! Though critique is always hard to take, it's a very important part of growing as an artist. Trust me, though, some styles of critique are much, much more harsh.

Your hair shading is beautiful. My favorite example is the blue haired tiger. And, assuming that you made all the backgrounds, they're well done too.

Offline Hugo

«Reply #8: December 31, 2009, 04:44:22 AM»
It's nice at a glance but some parts of it seem to clash like two or more styles have been used. Like on the blue-haired cat for example. I think it may be the eyes in that that seem simplistic next to the ultra-detailed hair.

A comment was made about shading that I do agree with. You use pillow shading on the lower left girl which is a layman's term for shading that doesn't follow shapes or a specific light source.

I'm sure with practice you can fix any issues you might be having, but as is I would price your work at around 10 GD. 15 for something like the dragon (at the very most).

Darien

• Topic Author
«Reply #9: December 31, 2009, 05:46:48 AM»
It's nice at a glance but some parts of it seem to clash like two or more styles have been used. Like on the blue-haired cat for example. I think it may be the eyes in that that seem simplistic next to the ultra-detailed hair.

A comment was made about shading that I do agree with. You use pillow shading on the lower left girl which is a layman's term for shading that doesn't follow shapes or a specific light source.

I'm sure with practice you can fix any issues you might be having, but as is I would price your work at around 10 GD. 15 for something like the dragon (at the very most).

Thank you for the reply =^_^=
I also want to thank you for staying on topic and including pricing with your crit <3

shadows/lightsources seem to be something i need to work on. The dragon was just completed late last night after some crit regarding it's shading that i got from someone kind enough to spare some of her time to give me feedback on Furc. )

Your crit has also been most helpful and I'll keep it in mind when working on future ports.

Darien

• Topic Author
«Reply #10: December 31, 2009, 08:08:42 AM»
And, assuming that you made all the backgrounds, they're well done too.

For the record- yes, I make all of my own backgrounds. and while i appreciate the kind words this thread's topic is price nased upon quality- not crit. i'd like to ask what you'd expect to pay for my remaps and non-remaps.

Offline Morgan

«Reply #11: December 31, 2009, 03:38:22 PM»

While I do appreciate the reply and SOME of your crit, such as the need to work on shadows and light-sources, i think i can do without the insults.

My fault for openly allowing crit without thinking first. I think perhaps should there be any further replies on this thread- that i can do without the crit- as the point of this thread is to price quality- not tell me how much I suck.

That said- as far as pricing goes it should be noted that from left to right there's about a 5 to 6 month difference between the times each port was done. I have done a few newer remaps but it's probably best i not post them here.

jesus christ, you're such a fucking ninny. BAAAAAW THEY DIDNT ASSPAT ME BAD CRIT BAD CRIT

Offline Hugo

«Reply #12: December 31, 2009, 03:51:59 PM»
I agree, but we're gonna get this thread locked if we start up a bawfest so just let him stomp it off.

IPGD

• Topic Author
«Reply #13: December 31, 2009, 05:11:55 PM»
Oh wow. If you think what Sedde said to you was deconstructive, I have no idea how you're going to survive anywhere in the art world. Her post was completely inoffensive besides the fact she didn't blatantly ass pat you (edit: actually, yes she did! Holy Jesus, you can't even stand a post with asspats?), and if that was what you were expecting, you shouldn't be asking for critique in the first place. She even asked for permission to critique you before she said anything, Christ. Take a chill pill and learn to separate your art from your ego; there wasn't a single insult in her post because you are not your art and negative comments on it are not in any way a reflection of what the commenter thinks of your person. The sooner you figure that out the better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:16:29 PM by Matter »

Offline Tony

«Reply #14: December 31, 2009, 05:20:31 PM»
50 cents each

anything