turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: -done!  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Calib

-done!
«: January 08, 2010, 10:06:43 PM»
I'm working on this piece for a trading card game and want to be absolutely sure I have it right. I'm shooting for realism this time and I think I'm doing well so far, but have a few things I could use a second pair of eyes on...

The Shaded Version is up! This is a rough "working" shade to check lighting angles and such. The final will be better. :)
  • Is the shading correct?
  • The vest will be shiny, is there enough contrast?
  • Is there enough contrast overall?

Redlines, crits, and model links are all welcome. :)

I'll be updating this thread as I get more done so expect to see me reusing this thread later! :)

Without further adieu, here shi is:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:33:53 PM by Calib »

Offline Nepenthe

Re: Gender Blender WIP. (lines stage) Redlines/crits?
«Reply #1: January 10, 2010, 01:56:02 AM»
First-off, nice lineart! I really like the way you handled the character's build - quite refreshing!

I'm not quite sure if it's the angle of the head or simply the shape of the skull itself that bothers me. I entirely understand if the character has a roundish, perhaps squared facial shape - maybe it's the lack of pupils that's throwing me off, now that I'm looking at the eyes. The horn seems to be a bit too far to the left, maybe - again, it may just be the angle throwing me off, but if I'm paying attention relatively to the positions of the nose and the middle of the lips, I think it could maybe come to the right some and maybe have it give more perspective/foreshortening for a more realistic look when you color it.

Your anatomy, like I said, is fabulous for the character. Can't wait to see more on this!

tourtu

Re: Gender Blender WIP. (lines stage) Redlines/crits?
«Reply #2: January 10, 2010, 04:10:15 PM»
if the horn is supposed to go straight out and curve upwards, the way you have it makes it seem like it's curling off to the side. maybe this is what you wanted?

Offline Calib

Re: Gender Blender WIP. (shading stage) Redlines/crits?
«Reply #3: January 19, 2010, 02:01:09 AM»
Thanks for the help! I went ahead and updated the thread with the corrected lines and the WIP shading! :)

Offline Rex T-Rex

«Reply #4: January 19, 2010, 02:33:56 AM»
It's much easier to see everything now. I really feel like herm's hips are way too far up on the body. The walking would be extremely awkward for a character with hips that go up that high. The basic bone structure from what I can tell puts the iliac crest (top of the hip) directly under the bottom of the rib cage.
Visit my site-> http://rext-rex.webs.com

currently have alts on sale! http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=31876.msg468272#msg468272

I am adorifying!

Offline Calib

«Reply #5: January 23, 2010, 01:51:15 AM»
Fixed the shading error on the hip and added lots more of the better shading. So, how is it going? I hope I have the pupils right.

anything