turtles
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Redline pls? ALSO Pricing Pls?  (Read 981 times)

Offline Old Account Please Delete

Redline pls? ALSO Pricing Pls?
«: January 23, 2010, 02:37:56 PM»
Right, so I did the really cocky thing of trying to do a ports lineart entirely from scratch rather then the usual sketch I do and I can not for the life of me work out why I the ass-end of the anatomy looks wrong (though the whole thing generally is). I think I may have cocked up foreshortening but I've redone what I think it should look like in yellow lines from what I've doen at the front so err, are the back legs too long? I need a tail in there but I can do that myself easily, its not what I'm worried about just the whole things giving me a headache ;;
Out of all my feral ports its one of the first few attempts I've had at it so I'm no good at the beasties, at this point in time. I'm trying to learn xD

--------

ON ANOTHER NOTE
My friend wants to start taking commissions for profile sheets. I have no idea as to how much people would pay and well, rather then giving an overblown guess (to be nice and make her feel good) I think it'd just be easier to show the three stages of sheets she thinks she wants to offer.

At the moment I only have enough time to put her human/oid samples up and yeah... go for it?
If you have anything you wish to say specifically be it advice (or otherwise, hopefully not nasty ;; ) then PM Hamsterbag on Deviantart.com

Sketch Sheet

Inked Sheet

Coloured Sheet

Price away
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:07:38 PM by Lucien Caru »

Offline Wulf

Re: Help, someone? Redline pls?
«Reply #1: January 31, 2010, 03:16:17 PM»
I see nobody has replied, so I'll give my best shot at helping out.

I like the idea of the pose. I think the ass-end is maybe too big and too close. If you look at it from what angle his spine would have to be at for this position, it's an unnatural and uncomfortable angle. Maybe move the back/buttside a bit more to the left.

Again, I am by no means an expert. I haven't done a port in 3 years. I hope I've provided some helpful feedback!
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Offline Rex T-Rex

«Reply #2: January 31, 2010, 06:41:20 PM»
I think you've really got these lines being too rigid, if that makes sense. There's no sense of the character being alive and having a realistic body from what you have here.
Honestly, I don't really know how much simple "redlining" will help this because you have a lot of errors in the anatomy and flexibility of this animal, which I think is a wolf.
But I give you this, it's fairly close to what I think you were going for.
I'd appreciate it though if you didn't just sketch over what I redlined, use it more as reference if you wanna use it.
Visit my site-> http://rext-rex.webs.com

currently have alts on sale! http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=31876.msg468272#msg468272

I am adorifying!

«Reply #3: February 01, 2010, 12:51:02 PM»
I see nobody has replied, so I'll give my best shot at helping out.

I like the idea of the pose. I think the ass-end is maybe too big and too close. If you look at it from what angle his spine would have to be at for this position, it's an unnatural and uncomfortable angle. Maybe move the back/buttside a bit more to the left.

Again, I am by no means an expert. I haven't done a port in 3 years. I hope I've provided some helpful feedback!

Thanks! I really see what you mean about the 'ass-end' of the situation, hehe. I can see how the spine wouldn't work (after a little assitance from an unwilling housepet) and I thank you for the advice! <3

I think you've really got these lines being too rigid, if that makes sense. There's no sense of the character being alive and having a realistic body from what you have here.
Honestly, I don't really know how much simple "redlining" will help this because you have a lot of errors in the anatomy and flexibility of this animal, which I think is a wolf.
But I give you this, it's fairly close to what I think you were going for.
I'd appreciate it though if you didn't just sketch over what I redlined, use it more as reference if you wanna use it.

Thanks for the redline, I was using a picture of a wolves skeleton in an attempt to work out what I wasn't doing right and I can see kinda what I did wrong. I'll have a go at modifying it on my own using yours as a visual reference? Its not for a commission or even for a character. Just practise, really. I'll post my results up for more crit.

Offline Rex T-Rex

«Reply #4: February 01, 2010, 06:14:45 PM»
I'm perfectly fine with you using it as visual reference. I suggest looking up photos of the pose and mood (aggressive, defensive) along with skeleton models and muscle models (skeletons help to get the base frame and the joints while muscles help to "flesh" out the body and its flexibility).
Visit my site-> http://rext-rex.webs.com

currently have alts on sale! http://altmarket.net/index.php?topic=31876.msg468272#msg468272

I am adorifying!

Re: Redline pls? ALSO Pricing Pls?
«Reply #5: February 06, 2010, 04:08:00 PM»
BUMP
New question, I figured sharing a threat would save space